Online now
Online now

CAPTCHA BS

SSG{ENM-TLP}
4 years ago • Mar 27, 2020

CAPTCHA BS

SSG{ENM-TLP} • Mar 27, 2020
Is the CAPTCHA something new on the site (happens when you're editing a blog post), or is this something that only I am having a problem with? The photos are not clear. Are you supposed to choose any part of a truck or just the front part of a truck? because technically a trailer is not a truck. A moped isn't not a motorcycle. This CAPTCHA platform is shit. Just let me know if this is something I am seeing because of a complication with my browser. If so, I'll vent my bitching to the appropriate party. Thanks!
    The most loved post in topic
DrKrall
DrKrall • Mar 27, 2020
I don't know anything about your actual question, but i wholeheartedly agree with you. Captcha is total crap. There has to be a better way to get rid of spam. There certainly isn't a worse way.
Cage Monkey​(staff)
Cage Monkey​(staff) • Mar 27, 2020
There's an automated defence system layer to protect the site and you from malicious attacks. It works partly by automatically detecting thousands of suspected patterns, when it detects a slightly higher risk than the norm it asks for a captcha to make sure the user is not a bot before allowing access to the site again.

I have to see why it happens more often when editing blog posts.
SSG{ENM-TLP}
SSG{ENM-TLP} • Mar 27, 2020
Thanks CM. It actually just started a couple of days ago for me. Is this something that was recently added or should I be checking my system for something that may be being detected?