Online now
Online now

Different beliefs, specifically Witchcraft/Paganism

BubblegumBitch​(sub female)
4 years ago • Apr 22, 2020

Different beliefs, specifically Witchcraft/Paganism

So this is probably a weird topic for this site, but I am genuinely curious about this. This is also mostly with the mindset of live-in/ TPE, but still a general question.

1) Are you a witch/ wiccan/ pagan? (Wicca and Paganism are religions, witchcraft is a practice a.k.a you can be any religion, yet also practice it.)

2) This question is more directed to submissives;
a) If yes to 1, how did it affect your relationship with your Dom? Like, did your Dom attempt to/make you drop it or did they accept it?

b) If no to 1 but your Dom practiced it; what was your reaction/reception to it?

3) This one is more for Dominants;
a) If no to 1, did it cause trouble for you if your sub came with a belief like Witchcraft or did you not care?

b) If yes to 1, did you try to suggest/ the lifestyle to your sub and how did they react to it?

I'm mostly curious, because I see a good bit of Christians here and I'm curious about everyone views when it comes to drastically different belief systems.
No Body​(dom male)
No Body​(dom male) • Apr 22, 2020
Long before I even knew what BDSM was In was a warlock. I grew past it. I found there was something better and more natural.

No. Ones own believes are sacred to me. It is a line I won't cross.

For the record I was born raised and is a Southern Baptist.
PaNdEmIc
PaNdEmIc • Apr 22, 2020
Wiccan member here. I am no longer a practitioner, but still hold my beliefs and celebrate accordingly.
I have never crossed into religion with my subs. They know my beliefs, and I get familiar with theirs. If they ask questions, I educate and answer. I never force my belief system onto another. They are ALWAYS free to believe whatever they want to. I dont think any dom would force his/her re religion onto their submissive..
    The most loved post in topic
GvS​(other male)
GvS​(other male) • Apr 22, 2020
One might be able to require or forbid practices, but not beliefs. That's called brain-washing.
Thank you for your inputs! It's interesting to see the different viewpoints, especially from previously believing Dominants. Also, I apologise for my poor wording. I didn't mean in terms of trying force a religion change. More like; if a sub was practicing for years, like this COMES with the package, has their practice been a deal breaker before?
SchrodingersDinosaur​(switch female)
I think that's something only a prospective partner can answer, Bubblegum. Given that religion/ belief systems are frequently really entrenched and that fact that traditional Christianity is pretty intolerant of Paganism, Wicca or craft of any sort (even non-religious), I'd assume that anyone leading with the fact that they are Christian is a lot less likely to be able to handle the idea of a partner holding what they might see as a diametrically opposing belief.

So, deal breaker? I'd say odds are not in the practicioner's favor, but I'd be concerned that even if it wasn't an automatic no-go that there may well be (perhaps well-intentioned) pressure to 'put away that devil-worshippin' nonsense!'. Some, not all, of the Bible-thumpers can be rather intolerant with that which doesn't fit into their worldview.

Most important thing is to make sure that anything that's that important to a person, such as a belief system, is introduced early in the meeting process I think. You may fear that putting that kind of transparency out about something that might chase a potential Dominant (or submissive) off right away is a bad thing, but I assure you it's not. There could be some really great and otherwise perfectly compatible Dominants (or subbies) who may not be interested but my thoughts are that that just leaves you open to find the one that is right for you, who accepts the entirety of you.
4 years ago • Apr 23, 2020
@SchrodingersDinosaur That's actually a fair point. Thank you for that. I guess I had assumed that those kinds of talks were put off, but that's way better. Thanks again.
Norwegian Vikingr

Asatru.

Norwegian Vikingr • Apr 23, 2020
I'm an asatru(ist) I don't mind at all if my sub has a completely different religion or the same religion as me, if she feels like she wants/needs to practice it, then so be it.
Thats completely OK.
DrKrall
DrKrall • Apr 23, 2020
I'm my own God (There is a word for it which I usually avoid unless with likeminded), but I don't really care what religion (or lack there of) my partner have as long as it doesn't interfere with my rules or expectations. I've been with protestants, catholics, jews and buddhists as well as non believers so far. No problems.

If you respect the other person you respect their belief wether you share it or not. If you find yourself in a situation where beliefsystems clash or interfere with your relationship you didn't negotiate enough before entering the relationship.
RedKat{Not now }
4 years ago • Apr 24, 2020
RedKat{Not now } • Apr 24, 2020
I agree with most of the comments, I was raised Catholic and now...I question a lot of shit.
I just say each to their own...