Online now
Online now

Positive Masculinity

FeralM​(dom male)
3 years ago • Aug 9, 2020

I am taking on this one. ;)

FeralM​(dom male) • Aug 9, 2020
PawPawGirl wrote:
Bunnie, I agree, toxicity is not a masculine trait...it is a human trait that unfortunately has become all to prevalent. When we have no accountability, do whatever we want with no regard for anyone, and lack empathy...we become toxic to ourselves and those around us.

Whether masculine or feminine, I appreciate the following:
1. Listen to understand. Too many people don't bother to try to understand another point of view. It's ok to agree to disagree...even within a D/s dynamic.

2. Be considerate of others. The world does not revolve around you (or me) Above all things be nice. We can be friendly and not be friends.

3. Act like a mature adult. Just because someone hurt my feelings or things didn't go as planned doesn't give me carte blanche to be a brat ( or worse)

4. Be accountable for your actions. Actions have consequences...some positive-some negative. We all make mistakes, own it...D or s.

5. Say what you mean, and mean what you say. We evolve...we change our mind...that is to be expected...just be honest about it.

...Thank you for a perceptive and insightful comment. I appreciate your clarity and openness.
FeralM​(dom male)
3 years ago • Aug 9, 2020
FeralM​(dom male) • Aug 9, 2020
America is a paradox. We still have Puritan values imbedded in our psyche and the 'rough' and tumble' frontier mentality. It shows in the Hollywood movies. There is not a whole lot of differentiation between assertiveness and aggressiveness, in my opinion.