Online now
Online now

Leather vs Pleather

Bunnie
6 years ago • Jan 21, 2018

Leather vs Pleather

Bunnie • Jan 21, 2018
So, we were talking about leather in the chat room. Lately I have been learning a little bit about Leathermen and the Leather Community. This may sound silly, and I’m not being a smart ass.... but can someone be a part of the Leather Community if they’re vegan? Yes... this is how my mind works lol. But I am actually genuinely interested to hear people’s opinions on this, as I understand that gaining and donning Leather items is a show of standing within the community. So does it have to be genuine leather to be recognised as official?
dollMaker​(dom male)
dollMaker​(dom male) • Jan 21, 2018
Leather is a lifestyle, a set of choices, conduct, an ethos and not so much a fetish for leather though for some it is as well, but to think more about the material would be to diminish the ethos, which is what Leather is really about.
    The most loved post in topic
Bunnie
Bunnie • Jan 21, 2018
I agree, dM. To me it does seem that it would be more about the actual values, however, I’m not actively involved in the Leather Community, so this is only an assumption on my part.
Bellona​(dom female)
6 years ago • Jan 26, 2018
Bellona​(dom female) • Jan 26, 2018
I went to a bootblack at at a Leather event and I was asked if my boots were genuine or imitation leather as it made a difference which products would be best for them.

I have been to several Leather and Leather sponsored events, and many people don't wear leather at all. In my experience, it is a judgement free community and I'm sure a vegan would find a welcoming and supportive community regardless of attire.