Online now
Online now

Are you a true masochist?

KnottyBunny
3 years ago • Sep 3, 2020
KnottyBunny • Sep 3, 2020
well, mainly my Sadist, former "Dom", telling me not to cut myself.
KnottyBunny
I love it but don't want to "expose" myself to outside influences who wouldn't understand. ... i.e. kids, and mom.
KnottyBunny
I'm a photographer and creative in nature, I love art. And only see bruising and cutting in that way.
KnottyBunny
hank submissive male wrote:
I would like to test my pain limit I probably have a low tolerance for it right now but I like to be spanked with either a hand or a paddle. interested in crops and floggers though so I do not know if you consider that a true masochist. I may not be at your level of masochist but I am not looking to be permenantly damamged or scarring or permanent marks. but if you are deeper into that then if that is what floats your boat then anchor's aweigh

Liking any kind of pain or humiliation is a masochist. Thank you!
KnottyBunny
sardonicus87 wrote:
SweetSirRendering wrote:
sardonicus87 wrote:

And yeah, pain is subjective. Someone that actually likes some real pain, but only in service of a "higher goal" (for them, not saying submission is higher tier than masochism, like they want pain in service of submission or being made to submit rather than for the pain itself) or just on a more moderate level... wouldn't call them a masochist, but I would call them masochistIC.

this is what i was commenting on as i found it strange to say you would separate the two words as if they don’t share the same definition. curious about what that meant, so tried to cover bases in my responses since i am seeing this in two forum posts with similar content.

“ ...wouldn't call them a masochist, but I would call them masochistIC.”

btw, the language you use when you refer to some power exchange dynamics on your profile is pretty unfortunate as it seems quite contemptuous for someone participating in a BDSM community forum.

I say that because what is their primary dynamic, masochism or submission? If submission, then masochistic sub. If the primary goal is masochism, then subby masochist. If both are equal, then sub/masochist.

And the reason I use the language I do is because of how I have been treated in the scene by not being D/s, and what D/s people have done kn the scene. In my experience, a large number seem to forget that not all of everyone in the scene is D/s, or they look down on fetishists (like spankos) as "not real kink" (yes, seen it many times). Also, their complete intrusion into EVERYTHING. I have seen so many plans for groups or parties for specific, non-power exchange things be taken over to be "more-inclusive of the scene" when the whole point of them is for people who are only into that thing to go do that thing with other people into that thing since it is so hard at other parties to find. Because I have seen so many people write so many things from a D/s perspective and completely disregard other aspects of BDSM. Also, I want it to be abundantly clear that I am not D/s because I get sick and tired of people in the scene constantly assuming everyone is D/s, or not understanding and belittling everything outside of some dynamics.

Obviously it isn't all D/s people that do that or act that way. My words aare based on my experience. "The scene" is generally not very inclusive or understanding, despite all the romanticized notions that they preach.

Even in this very thread, a thread specifically about masochism, and D/s people get butt hurt about it, take it personally, and then have to include D/s stuff in a discussion about masochism.

Konvik.... so the "evolved" you! Now somwone who can relate to you. Other than me being understanding me.