Online now
Online now

Packing Toys for a Move

Muffin
6 years ago • Feb 15, 2018

Packing Toys for a Move

Muffin • Feb 15, 2018
I am going to be moving soon and I have a fair sized collection of toys. I know that your not supposed to store toys together (in case of the materials interacting) how should I pack them for the move? I have silicone dildos and butt plugs, leather and plastic whips, a variety of bondage and chastity equipment. Advice please?
MissBonnie​(dom female){oz}
Moving BLECK! Gawd I hate moving~you dont say if they are going to stored long term between houses, this can make a difference.
A good place to start is clean them all first. Remove all batteries. That way you can start off fresh. Throw whats damaged. Why transport what you dont have to. I'm going to cheat and link to my page on cleaning (yep I'm feeling lazy today) each section also has how to store (or in your case pack)
http://collarncuffs.com/resources/doku.php?id=cleaning_sex_toys

Short term zip lock bags can be good for separating if the items are kept some where cool. Hot items will/can 'sweat ' Towels are also handy.
    The most loved post in topic
Villanelle​(staff)
Villanelle​(staff) • Feb 15, 2018
Bonnie covered it - exactly what I was going to say. I love heavy duty ziplock bags for traveling and organization and they are particularly good for storing rope and other gear.

Good luck in the move!
Bellona​(dom female)
Bellona​(dom female) • Feb 15, 2018
You can also wrap them in your linens like pillow cases, bed sheets and towels. Those need to get packed anyway. You can create layers of separation by rolling.
Muffin
6 years ago • Feb 16, 2018
Muffin • Feb 16, 2018
Thank you MissBonnie, Evangeline and Bellana. They may be stored for a couple months but not likely more than that. I have considered making a linen bag for each toy to help organize and keep clean (pet hair and silicone is an annoying combination). Perhaps I can buy some pillow cases and convert them. Thank you again for the advice.
MissBonnie​(dom female){oz}
6 years ago • Feb 17, 2018
most welcome Muffin icon_smile.gif Best of luck on the move. If you have time the bags sound like a great idea for now and later when you unpack. I really should do something like that myself. A friend also just suggested "over the door, hanging shoe holders" You know the ones with all the little compartments for each set of shoes...they sometimes sell them made out of cotton (plastic could work but the sweat factor might not work long term). She has one she takes to play events. she unrolls and everything is separated. Ready to go! Then easy to pack up and slip in a drawer when at home.