Online now
Online now

I am new to this

DarknDelicate​(sub female)
6 years ago • Feb 22, 2018

I am new to this

DarknDelicate​(sub female) • Feb 22, 2018
So I am new to the BDSM world and am having a hard time finding people online who are in my area. I am also interested in going to a BDSM club/bar to meet people if such places exist. Can anyone help me with this?
MissBonnie​(dom female){oz}
6 years ago • Feb 22, 2018
The easiest way to find what your after is to attend a munch in your area. To find one <i> "google is your friend"</i> just use the search terms "BDSM Munch and your location" (if you Femdom or Maledom and which to whittle it down, just change out the BDSM. This works better in large cities. Smaller places be prepared for mixed BDSM) a munch is a friendly get together in a public place. no fetish clothing. No toys needed. No play. The other to try is "BDSM Slosh location goes here" that is normally held in a bar. Both are just friendly get together social meetings in very vanilla areas. they are very safe ways to met new people in your area. No one will know you are into BDSM in the general public. Only those in the group will know. You might also have, depending the area some clubs that are fetish or BDSM related. Again these are more located in larger city areas.
If you haven't tried here, maybe search for a member that is local to you. Adventures are better shared with a like minded. Its also often easier to walk into a event or meetup with someone else. You might also like to try Fetlife for dates to munches, conventions and skillshares etc.

Best of luck on taking your first steps
    The most loved post in topic
Lucia​(sub female){not lookin}
6 years ago • Feb 23, 2018
Yeah, sorry if you already tried this, but you can search this site by location if you go to the "Members" tab and type in a city. Try "Toronto" and "Ontario" both seperately, some folks will only have filled in one. If you really are in or near Toronto I guarantee a city of that size will have multiple options.

And everything else MissBonnie said is true too. Based on personal experience, I would recommend FetLife over Google. For my area at least most of the top Google results are always out of date (there are a bunch of sites along the lines of "findamunch.com" or something that haven't been updated for several years) but event info on FetLife is added by active users. I think this site is working toward having that too- there's that calendar on the homepage that's always empty; I think either it's not ready or folks just aren't using it yet.
Kelanen​(dom male){seek sub f}
6 years ago • Feb 23, 2018
Except the Members search is pretty useless (outside North America at least). It doesn't recognise most UK Counties, and it wouldn't help if it did - as soon as you choose UK on your profile, you lose any State/City fields anyway. It's literally not available for me to fill out, and then shows as blank on my profile settings. One of several reasons there aren't many UK users I think.

But munches is definitely good advice if you are a sociable type, or forums, interest groups, and member searches on sites like this if not.