Online now
Online now

Tips and tricks?

sunflowerbaby​(sub female)
3 years ago • Sep 29, 2020

Tips and tricks?

sunflowerbaby​(sub female) • Sep 29, 2020
Not really bdsm related but does anyone have any tips or tricks on how to help with migraines? This is the 4th day in a row that I've had this one and its driving me up the walls. Would greatly appreciate any advice at all
butterflybabe​(sub female)
butterflybabe​(sub female) • Sep 29, 2020
Hey ✌🏽 Sorry you’re suffering from migraines.

Okay sooo the best way is to prevent them from happening in the first place. So avoiding all triggers if possible (certain scents, getting enough sleep, drinking water, etc)

Once you have the actual migraine though here are somethings that help me:

1.Excedrin Migraine - the only medicine that helps me. Take two. You should start to feel relief after 25 min.

2. Mint oil. You could buy it a grocery store. Dab a little on the temples of your forehead and massage it counterclockwise.

3. Cold pack on the back of your neck

Feel better 🙏🏽✨💕
    The most loved post in topic
petiteluna​(sub female)
petiteluna​(sub female) • Sep 29, 2020
butterflybabe mentioned everything I’d recommend ^

The key with migraines is recognizing when the onset begins, and trying to stop it then.

Maybe check with your GP? Could be a side effect of medication? is there a history of migraines in your family?

Headaches seem normalized, but migraines really aren’t! I understand how debilitating they can be icon_sad.gif( best of luck in finding what works for you!

I highly recommend mint oil! There’s a brand in my country called Sage, that sells different oils/blends/diffusers, and there’s one specifically for migraines that works magic! I’m sure it has mint in that as well.
Holisticwoman
Holisticwoman • Sep 29, 2020
Here’s a list of my triggers that could be yours also. It’s at least a place to start for you look at what could be yours.
*lack of sleep
*allergies
*hormones
*I clinch my teeth in my sleep with I’m super stressed.
* lavender EO
* strong smelling perfume/cologne
*not drinking enough water.

Also here’s what I do to help remedy my headaches.
* Excedrin migraine
* drinking plenty of water and getting enough sleep
* there’s really nothing I can do for hormones as I always get a migraine around my “time of the month”
* I wear a mouth guard to bed, like one you use when playing sports.
* and I avoid all the smells/scents. I plug my nose walking through many stores pre-covid.
OraclePollon​(sub female){NotYours}
3 years ago • Sep 30, 2020
Hello,

I get really bad ones as well. I only get them every 2 months or so, and have gone 6 months without at some point. Here are some of my triggers and some (weird) ways I have found that not only help get rid of them in the moment, but shorten the amount of time they stick around (3 days for me - almost routinely)

Avoiding them in the first place:

* I stopped playing games on my cell phone.* something to do with the angle, texts, video's all fine, but as soon as I start to play a game with finger and poking and angle, it triggers it. I know when it has happened, I feel the swell start.

*I don't wear my big bulky headphone as much as I used to for long periods of time. I also avoid ear buds too. I got a speaker for my computer, and try and listen to things out loud more often now. But Ear buds are more of a problem than the big headphones. I just can't do them - constantly like I used to*

Odd tricks that help once I have a headache:

*I found that advil work - I take 3 - 200mg - then 2 every 4 hours for the day, sometimes it works and it goes away, doesn't come back.** Tylenol does not work. Have to use the right medication.

*Be in a dark room* Don't sit there and do nothing, it won't help, you will get nauseous and it will hurt more. - What I do to help is I will sit in a pitch black room and *Close the opposite eye* than the side with the headache, and Keep the eye with the headache open. If the room is dark - it helps!!

*Put your teeth in boiling water* Yes strange, but the relief is SOO nice! Some people get migraines beacuse they have bad teeth. I actually have good teeth, but the roots of your teeth are like... RIGHT INTO YOUR BRAIN! not really... but you eould be surprised how much it helps... That is more of a "I can't take it anymore!" relief strategy, where as others tend to take time to work.

last really odd one... book some time with your friends kids the next day. I have no kids - if you have kids - might not work. But when there are mini's who rely on me... I have woken up from a 3 day headache with no headache at all! Watching the mini's for the day - I am distracted, and occupied, adn they need me. Headache is distracted, and the next day... it has been GONE! Seems odd, but this has happened to me TWICE now. Very unexpected. But sitting around thinking on it does not help. Don't do heavily think things... like work. But when you are needed, that superwoman/man comes out!

I hope this helps... or is at least fun to read! lol
MariGold
3 years ago • Sep 30, 2020
MariGold • Sep 30, 2020
I had bad migraines last summer which turned out to be high blood pressure. Once that was taken care of, the migraines vanished. Have a check up for anything physically, run a lab and check food sensitivities.

If it’s stress related CBD oil is great too.
Invisible​(sub female)
3 years ago • Oct 4, 2020
Invisible​(sub female) • Oct 4, 2020
I've had migraines since I was 6 - tried most things.
Right now, I'm on daily meds to prevent them, and use Zomig when i get one - but the side effects of that are almost as bad as the headache.

Excedrin migraine doesn't usually help.

One surprising thing that helps me if the migraine includes stomach upset is taking alka seltzer - stomach and head both better. It shocked me the 1st time I tried it and it worked.

If I can get to a quiet, dark place, I can - ok, this sounds weird - meditate. I gather the pain into a black ball of evil and suspend it outside my head until it dissipates. Useful if I don't have zomig on hand, but not easy to achieve.

My triggers are alcohol, dehydration and apparently life.

Hope you find relief.