Online now
Online now

Online Vs Real

Bunnie
3 years ago • Oct 28, 2020
Bunnie • Oct 28, 2020
Interesting that none of those words are used here though... and yet simply by sharing his opinion, his character is instantly trampled by someone who also doesn’t have the greatest history here. Perhaps we could simply allow everyone their opinions without making it personal every time?
dollMaker​(dom male)
dollMaker​(dom male) • Oct 28, 2020
The words I mentioned were used on these boards, by the individual, in other discussions regarding online relationships and therefore I am simply quoting them from there, and they were relevant to DomJayy's post. Sadly closed minds as firmly closed as they are in this case means trying to discuss counter views is time wasted. Of course its DomJayy's time to waste, but highlighting the degree of closed mindedness I hoped to save him that wasted time.

I will add that members words on here clearly and often unambiguously indicate their character, though the blind sadly can't see.
Savida​(other female)
Savida​(other female) • Oct 28, 2020
Bunnie wrote:
Interesting that none of those words are used here though... and yet simply by sharing his opinion, his character is instantly trampled by someone who also doesn’t have the greatest history here. Perhaps we could simply allow everyone their opinions without making it personal every time?

If you don’t think it should get personal, then why would you turn around and do that very thing by throwing out the vague statement that “he doesn’t have the greatest history on the site?”

That kind of language leads people down certain paths that are absolutely inaccurate. dollMaker doesn’t agree with everyone on the site (who does?) and has zero problem expressing disagreement, especially in open forums where people are literally sharing different opinions.

That seems a poor reason to imply that his history here is negative in some kind of dangerous or problematic way. Certainly you can find better ways to simply say “I disagree with this person or don’t like them/their opinion” that don’t imply lies about other people.
dollMaker​(dom male)
dollMaker​(dom male) • Oct 28, 2020
Bunnie
Bunnie • Oct 28, 2020
@ Savida,

Being his girl, I wouldn’t expect anything less from you stepping forward... no doubt it may even draw out all of the usual “crew” from the woodworks, because that’s what we do... step forward to defend our friends if we feel someone has made an attack on them.

My point with that comment was rocks and glass houses. We all have history here, and it seems we all have variations of truth around that history. Who’s is right and who’s is wrong? In my eyes, who cares? We all have been hurt. Why keep throwing stones?

Anyone who thinks their version of what has occurred here is the only truth is an idiot... and anyone who believes them is a fool. But people like to believe things, so have at it. Do we really need to dwell there though? Drudging it up every opportunity, and derailing every single thread? What example is that to newcomers?

Can we not just give each other the grace to have an opinion... and maybe... just maybe... even to allow that opinion to shift and change as we grow?
DrWakko
DrWakko • Oct 28, 2020
If you tell yourself a lie enough times you will end up believing the lie as truth.
DomF​(dom male)
3 years ago • Oct 29, 2020
DomF​(dom male) • Oct 29, 2020
I like to have conversations online but my relationships are not online. The level of trust for and understanding of nonverbal communication that comes with the submission I am given needs physical knowledge first. Online can evolve to training as the relationship continues but online would not replace real life.
Of course relationships ( D/s or otherwise) are as unique as the individuals involved.
Online does and has worked for others...... It's simply not my preference.
TieHardTwo
3 years ago • Oct 29, 2020
TieHardTwo • Oct 29, 2020
For me I like play. I like to meet guys and get kinky with them in the flesh. That said I do have a couple of online cyber kink friends who I chat too and have never met. But on the whole I just find cyber way too frustrating to be satisfying. Looks like we are heading towards another national lockdown here - gonna be tough icon_sad.gif
LordOfTheDreadfort​(dom male){NotLooking}
3 years ago • Jan 1, 2021
For some of us, online is the only outlet we have, as our life circumstances and society in general may force us to closer our nature. I’m glad it exists. I’m sorry for those who can’t seem to get the same thrill out of it, but for someone inexperienced and circumstantially limited IRL, online Dom is a true godsend.
Miki
3 years ago • Jan 1, 2021
Miki • Jan 1, 2021
Bondage My Heart wrote:
I hate online and if it's going to take more then 1 month I'm not for it and I'm not even trying to connect/have feelings with person.
A lot of people aren't in real what they are representing themselfs online and personaly I hate date sites or online meeting but in my case there is no other way to meet people in BDSM world so I'm using it, otherwise no.

Stole the words out of my mouth more or less, except I don't necessarily "hate" online situations.. I'll write messages with anyone, but online BDSM or dating sites.. Meh. I'll pass. It just doesn't melt my butter.