Online now
Online now

BDSM career?

kyubii​(dom male)
3 years ago • Nov 3, 2020

BDSM career?

kyubii​(dom male) • Nov 3, 2020
So if you could make a living in the BDSM/Kink community would you do it? If so what do you think be the best job for you?
MissBonnie​(dom female){oz}
3 years ago • Nov 4, 2020
I've had several jobs and a career (now stepped away from) that all revolved around the "sex/BDSM/relationship" arena. Would I do it again? Does the clock rewind on age too! For now no, I'm happy in my new role. I found after awhile I needed to step back, when you sleep, eat and breath "kink/sex" it can over power you and desensitize you. I got to a place where I needed to be more than that. I got to the stage where I didn't want to be that walking, talking, sexuality encyclopedia anymore. For me, I reached that place where I needed to move past it and have people see me differently. I can say I don't regret my background, it can very rewarding.
    The most loved post in topic
kyubii​(dom male)
kyubii​(dom male) • Nov 4, 2020
I have been thinking of bringing my carpentry skill into the kink realm. I have been want to to make from paddles to tables, to st Andrew's crosses. I feel like it will be a lot of fun.
MissBonnie​(dom female){oz}
Nothing says you cant do it as a hobby and then take it further if it pans out. We all need dreams and passions. A lot of major cities have different training events and fetish conventions. Often these styled events have vendor sales. You could also sell online but its a little harder than it seems with no coding knowledge, "people" will rarely just stumble on your site...it pays to be affiliated with something like YOUR local community.

Hope it goes well for you icon_smile.gif
MrFulmen
MrFulmen • Nov 4, 2020
I write and teach about D/s, and I love it. It gives me an excuse to spend more time and attention on what I'm passionate about, to meet more kinky people and make more friends.

I also know a few folks who have found that, for them, making a career out of BDSM has made kink feel like work instead of like fun. So your mileage may vary.
Miki
Miki • Nov 4, 2020
Oh OK that's better. It's about working in a business or craft that appeals to the BDSM community, not "making money off of kinky activity" which is, unfortunately, where my nasty little mind went when I saw the thread headline... Of course that's quite illegal. But using carpentry skills to make deliciously mean paddles, and of course a rig for suspension for flogging.. Should/could be a market for that.