Online now
Online now

Do you discuss prior relationships before you play with someone or get into a real relatonship?

SubtleHush​(sub female)
3 years ago • Nov 18, 2020
SubtleHush​(sub female) • Nov 18, 2020
Bunnie

For me the difference is that when it comes to relationships, it’s all about compatibility (not to be confused with similarity). When I play with someone, yes there does need to be a degree of compatibility in relation to our specific negotiated scene, of course... however, I don’t dive too deeply with someone I am only there to play with. It is still always about connection for me... but not always about intimacy.

For me, it’s a matter of compartmentalisation (“immediate” gratification in a way I feel emotionally safe) vs absolute vulnerability and transparency (“long-term” surrender in a way I feel emotionally safe).

If I am compartmentalising (play), I see it as much like a business arrangement... all about negotiation.
If I am “all-in” (relationship), then it’s about much, much more. The negotiation of course is a part of it... but it’s not the end of it... for even the possibility of a relationship, I require compatibility (again... not to be confused with similarity) before negotiation even becomes a contemplation.

You nailed it Bunnie. I couldn't have said it better myself.

"Compatibility not to be confused with similarity." (Perfect)