Online now
Online now

Munches

Rose K​(sub female){Owned}
5 years ago • Apr 7, 2018

Munches

Okay, so a friend of mine and I are organizing a munch in the area. We already have quite a few people interested and a restaurant picked out. We haven't selected a date just yet, but things are going well. However, this is our first time putting something like this together instead of just attending, so I'm hoping for some tips. What can be expected at the first gathering? Should I have some get to know us type questions prepped? What's a good, subtle table marker so we're easy to spot? etc. I just really want people to feel comfortable and have a good time. Any advice is greatly appreciated!
KinkeePanda​(sub male){in service}
5 years ago • Apr 8, 2018
Hi Rose

I run my own munch and also help co-ordinate another munch in Sydney, Australia.

The type of things you can expect will be determined by where you promote your munch and the purpose of your munch.

The munches, I help with, get promoted on Fetlife and Facebook.

The munch I run myself is set up just as a general social munch in which people who are looking can meet up. The other I help run is for female dominants and submissives who love them, So the types of queries that come through differ.

Depending on the size of your munch you can expect to recieve a few messages from people who are new to the scene and are nervous about attending, you will find that many will look to you for guidance as to what is available in the local scene so it is good to have some general knowledge about what events and opportunities there are available in your local scene

Some useful things, we have put together for our munches, are things like a kinky question hat where everyone is encouraged to add an anonymous question these can be pulled out during the event to be used as conversation topics.

In regards to locations I prefer bars here in Australia as it's difficult to pin down definitive numbers to book a restaurant. I generally use a subtle object of some sort to help people identify the group like a stuffed Panda, I have also seen other things like a balloon, a sailors cap among others. We also have one of the bars put up signage in our area which people use to identify us.

Not sure how much help this will have been, but, best of luck with your event.
    The most loved post in topic