Online now
Online now

Collaring

SirSilverWolf​(dom male)
3 years ago • Nov 19, 2020
SirSilverWolf​(dom male) • Nov 19, 2020
A collar is a sign of the commitment for both the sub and Dom. Keep in mind it doesn't have to be a actual collar.... I use day collars, so the message is subtle just for us. Basically she must wear a pendant, anklet or bracelet on a daily basis. I have used an eternity collar in a ceremony once, love the look, but not subtle..
Miki
Miki • Nov 19, 2020
Due to how I roll-- no commitments-- I don't have anyone's "collar" but for me one would express my preferences. When I (used to in the Before Time) go out I'd wear the leather, dark or fishnet hosiery and a nice black half to an inch choker. The choker identifies how I like to play.

But I do understand those into BDSM as a full on lifestyle, the collar goes beyond just sexuality. From what I have seen and read, it's a symbol of commitment between the two halves of the equation.
raiseaneyebrow
raiseaneyebrow • Nov 19, 2020
Its a symbol for me. One I like to give as a gift to my submissive. Its obvious exposure when worn in public is a pleasure not necessarily because to those in the know it may be a sign, but more because it signifies my ownership being openly demonstrated.
AlexLeeSadist​(dom male)
AlexLeeSadist​(dom male) • Nov 19, 2020
For me, it's a sign of ownership; an agreement between us, whatever that may be - unless we're talking about a prop during play. Then it's just a tool or toy.
SubtleHush​(sub female)
3 years ago • Nov 23, 2020
SubtleHush​(sub female) • Nov 23, 2020
Kara​ "For me, it’s like a wedding ring: an outward symbol of an extremely serious commitment to someone that can not be broken lightly or without ending the relationship."
Totally agree. I've had 3 collars in all these years. All were long term relationships but there were others that didn't get that far. It's a very important step to me and not something to play with or toss on and off like candy
DrKrall
3 years ago • Nov 27, 2020
DrKrall • Nov 27, 2020
To me it depends a little bit on the situation. If I have a ONS, a temporary arrangement or if I'm training/teaching someone I usually put a collar on them. This symbolizes they belong to me for the time period they are with me. Some people call this a play collar or a training collar. I don't really care what it is or should be called. Don't get me wrong, I take it seriously, but it's still a temporary thing.

When someone submits to me as my slave there is a collar and this one, to me is similar to a wedding ring. It's not really the collar that differs, but the situation. The collar is just a symbol of my ownership. but as a permanent ownership is more important than a temporary one, so is the collar.
Exquisite​(sub female)
3 years ago • Nov 27, 2020
Exquisite​(sub female) • Nov 27, 2020
To answer your question it can be all of the things you mentioned and so many more, however when accepting to be “Collared” the Dom by all means should explain to you why he’s ready to collar you and what it means to your relationship.

Although, I truly agree with “Seasoned Dom”. My collar mean more to me than my wedding rings. My Master commitment to me is for life in every aspect of my life