Online now
Online now

Does anyone else struggle ....with unnecessarily searching for meaning?

Purple Freesia
3 years ago • Mar 21, 2021

Does anyone else struggle ....with unnecessarily searching f

Purple Freesia • Mar 21, 2021
At the beginning i inherently knew i would struggle with stuff; language, not knowing why ...fear of losing myself ....however most recently i have discovered an underlying struggle permeating thoughts....the desire to unnecessaryily search for meaning....

Historically i searched for meaning as a way of assessing if i was safe, was it likely that i would get hurt and what did i need to do to survive....my perception was pretty accurate....i am here am i not ...lol lol..

Now, i still search for meaning .... however i have no idea what the purpose of my search is....i am safe and legitimately happy....

WTF???
SageFlame​(sub female)
SageFlame​(sub female) • Mar 21, 2021
You seem to be inately aware of the fact that there is more.

It is okay to be where you are. And it's okay to not be okay with that.

It's like a seed germinating under the soil. You'll see it at the right time.
    The most loved post in topic
girlieboy
girlieboy • Mar 21, 2021
I have the same thing going on. In my case it has been provoked by feelings of mortality brought on by the death of loved ones...and a feeling that I am running out of time, and a desperate need to leave something behind. More than just scratchings in the sand or ripples on a pond. Something to be remembered by. In my case, this has also contributed to an extraordinary outpouring of creative energy, which has been very good for me, therapeutic, rewarding both financially and emotionally. But for some reason it is also tied to a massive increase in my need for D/s, which has shifted from being something I was curious about and mildly titillated by, to something that has become an existential need.
LordofPain56
3 years ago • Mar 22, 2021
LordofPain56 • Mar 22, 2021
Do you mean....meaning of life?
In a nutshell, my view is that we improve ourselves (character) as need be and help others along the way.