Online now
Online now

Saying hello and any tips...new dom

Rejari​(dom male)
5 years ago • Jun 3, 2018

Saying hello and any tips...new dom

Rejari​(dom male) • Jun 3, 2018
New to the site and the lifestyle. Been dominate all my life but never...until now followed through with what I enjoy doing. I've read up on Dom/sub life and i am willing to learn more and experience alot I have wanted to for so long.
Fudbar​(dom male){❤️❤️❤️}
First, welcome to Cage. Second, a minor point; it's Dominant, 'dominate' is the verb. A Dominant dominates.

Now, onto the advice. I notice in your profile that you're looking for a 'newer' sub. I'm not sure this is the best idea for an inexperienced Dom; better to find someone with some experience who can guide you and correct any misconceptions. While a new couple learning together can work, two inexperienced folks can often find themselves in over their heads wandering off on their own. If you do go this route, make sure that you and your submissive take things slow and careful and seek feedback from the community along the way.

Secondly, although the following may seem obvious, it's the most common mistake folks new to BDSM make. You are looking for a submissive to dominate. All well and good, but that's still done within the context of a relationship with another person. You can't jump right to the D/s stuff; you still need to establish and nurture a relationship and a bond, and explore BDSM within that. Treat people like people at all times, and look for people that appeal to you, not just someone who appeals to you as a submissive. Open and honest communication is the key, and the better you are at that, the better you'll do.
    The most loved post in topic
Asteria​(neither female)
Asteria​(neither female) • Jun 3, 2018
Let me put my two cents here icon_smile.gif

Try to talk to people here as much as possible. Not only to prospective submissives, but also those who are owned and experienced, as well as other Dominants, who are in the lifestyle for a long time and can share their knowledge. Don't be ashamed to ask - there are no stupid or silly questions, as long as you're polite and respectful, you'll get answers for sure. All of that might give you a nice network of people who you can reach out when needed, they can be great support at times.
Bunnie
Bunnie • Jun 3, 2018
Hi Rejari, nice to meet you. I’d just like to say that you’re off to a very impressive start. I have a lot of respect for those humble enough (especially as a Dominant), to admit that they’re new, and seeking guidance. I would suggest talking to many people, and combining that with your research, just to help get a nice well rounded view on things. Good luck, I hope you find what you’re looking for icon_smile.gif
Rejari​(dom male)
Rejari​(dom male) • Jun 3, 2018
Many thanks everyone! Appreciate the input. And I will do exactly all that. Harder to do when I travel everyday. But this is something i have felt strongly about and I am looking forward to talking to everyone!