Online now
Online now

What's the difference between a master and a daddy dom TO YOU?

Secret Mind​(dom male)
3 years ago • Apr 3, 2021

What's the difference between a master and a daddy dom TO YO

Secret Mind​(dom male) • Apr 3, 2021
I generally want to know YOUR views and opinions of masters and daddys. What do you know about them and how do YOU see each one? List some differences between them that YOU see them having. What makes someone a master and what makes someone a daddy dom?
Also which do you prefer and what made you prefer that over the other.

I'm asking YOU! Not Google I want YOUR thoughts on them.
CSI
CSI
CSI • Apr 3, 2021
A master has 10000 hours of experience in something related to BDSM, is a mentor/teacher to others, and/or has had the title bestowed upon them by a House. They may or may not be sadists, they may or may not be nurturing/caring. Masters usually engage in total power exchange dynamics and own slaves (but not always). Daddies have an implied nurturing/caring side. They can also be sadists. They can be masters. They can engage in either TPE or PE dynamics.

I personally prefer a nurturing/ caring type, but that could be either of the above. It really depends on the individual
Miki
Miki • Apr 3, 2021
Not a full time sub but I'd definitely prefer a master. Daddys seem better suited to subs who have little-middle preferences.

I don't really have much of an opinion, but when I do play, the rougher the better.

just sayin'
SageFlame​(sub female)
SageFlame​(sub female) • Apr 3, 2021
To hold the title of Master it is my perspective that they are experienced with ability to mentor other Doms in some capacity. Also respected in the community with an admirable self control. They continually operate with purpose taking seriously the responsibility of guiding. Toward their subs, look out for their best interest- always. I believe a healthy amount of empathy, patience and continued learning is in order.

There are many characteristics of Masters I've encountered that are not mentioned as each is unique.

And that is my take at this time.
    The most loved post in topic
MisterAshmodai​(dom male)
3 years ago • Apr 4, 2021
MisterAshmodai​(dom male) • Apr 4, 2021
The only difference between a Master and a Daddy that can be upheld is this:
If your partner considers you their Master and you agree with them, then you are a Master.
If your partner considers you their Daddy and you agree with them, then you are a Daddy.
The qualifications for either depend solely on the consideration of those to whom you wish to be known as a Master or Daddy.
There is no other qualification.

For myself, the difference between the two titles is in the approach. Both are fluid terms, to be sure, but I view a Daddy as tending to approach with more of what would be considered ‘caregiver’ actions. They may be stern, but their connection with the s type partner is generally more geared toward the partner’s personal development. A Daddy has children (littles, babygirls, babyboys, babyX, etc).
A Master can be broader in scope, but they tend to approach the development of their partners more for their own benefit and enjoyment.
A Master has subjects.
SageFlame​(sub female)
3 years ago • Apr 4, 2021

So to answer...

SageFlame​(sub female) • Apr 4, 2021
SageFlame wrote:
To hold the title of Master it is my perspective that they are experienced with ability to mentor other Doms in some capacity. Also respected in the community with an admirable self control. They continually operate with purpose taking seriously the responsibility of guiding. Toward their subs, look out for their best interest- always. I believe a healthy amount of empathy, patience and continued learning is in order.

There are many characteristics of Masters I've encountered that are not mentioned as each is unique.

And that is my take at this time.

Cont...

A " Daddy" isn't contrasting to a Master but Daddy can be a Master. To me it is simply a style for a particular dynamic.

I tell you the more I learn about BDSM the more it all fits together like rubrics cube; a multitude of variants.

I'm looking forward to reading other perspectives.