Online now
Online now

Snap judgements

Taramafor​(sub male)
3 years ago • Apr 5, 2021

Snap judgements

Taramafor​(sub male) • Apr 5, 2021
Let's say a topic is being discussed. Doesn't really matter what. Obviously it matters, but I'm referring to the "unknown factor" here.

If someone never asked, never got your side of the story and doesn't even understand the context then they don't know what they're agreeing or disagreeing with.

When people ask and find out, they agree with me. Because it's more about them then the thought. When people are being closed minded and shutting down communication then they''re ignorant.

When someone says no to something it doesn't just mean no. There's a reason for it. What isn't known? What specifically, exactly, are you saying no (or even yes) too? Again, those that find out change their minds.

It's known as a "snap judgement". Judging a book by its cover if you will. Things aren't always as they appear to be. I'm speaking in regards to myself of course, but what about you? And what about how you've treated others?

Do you make such snap judgements yourself? And do you try to challenge people when they never asked for context so that they can understand you? Or do you let yourself remain misunderstood?

Personally, I don't let people get away with talking about things they're not even aware of. The worst that can happen is someone flees with their ignorance/assumptions. The best that can happen is that I'm loved for making it about what's fair. Either way I at least tried. And I can live with that. Whatever the outcome.