Online now
Online now

Neediness

CSI
CSI
3 years ago • Apr 9, 2021

Neediness

CSI • Apr 9, 2021
Are men or women needier when they are submissives or is there a noticeable difference? Or do the require different things? Are there more men or women that are dominants? What are your impressions?
Rivermxl
Rivermxl • Apr 9, 2021
I believe the difference will not reside on a person's gender. Both men and women can be needy, also both dominants and submissives. Statistics on the balance of male/female doms/subs is debated and shady, due to whatever reason. You can for example take the recurring notion that a boatload of male subs exist but dommes are considered a scarse demographic by some.

To me, in the end it comes down to people as humans more than a role or gender, since I've heard the most dominant of doms say they need to feel needed, which is, in turn, needing. Tendencies exist but I do prefer to get to know someone to figure out who they are, beyond what's assumed.

Hope to have helped.
IBreedBagels​(dom male)
IBreedBagels​(dom male) • Apr 9, 2021
I don't think this is a gender based question, this depends on the individual and their personal experiences and wants/needs.

If a certain gender is more needy on average, its only by pure chance and has not much to do with their gender I think.

I know strong independant women, and also EXTREMELY needy women. Same for men I know some pretty needy ones, and others that are perfectly content alone.
Miki
3 years ago • Apr 10, 2021
Miki • Apr 10, 2021
Gender aside, (and not counting "littles and littlespace" as they're a segment of the sub life but don't account for all subs.) Anyway I think both genders can be needy but it's expressed differently. So I guess it's all how one looks at it.

By and large, "needy" is OK if both are down with it.

But if a dominant is in a relationship with a needy sub ---and they don't totally dig it, then "needy" becomes "clingy" and the latter is non-palatable for those who don't sign up for it.
    The most loved post in topic