Online now
Online now

Haunted Forums

Rivermxl
3 years ago • Apr 10, 2021
Rivermxl • Apr 10, 2021
I can see both the benefits and limitations from old posts still existing, I guess it goes into the ever growing pile of "things that are both good, bad and neither". Thank you all for such good insight though. I really appreciate it.
alawey​(sub female){(OWNED BY }
Oh one other thing about things being gone when leave . I checked blogs that I KNOW she replied to mine a d another friends and even her replies are totally gone . So we reading replies it doesn't make sense sometimes if you dont know that a reply is missing. ( not missing as in delete by poster and avatar still there. Everything just gone)
WhatamIfightingfor​(dom male)
It also avoids a problem Nintendo had with their brief venture into social mesa, lots or repetitive and redundant topics, some times more than once in the same week, so it keeps the clutter, and by extension costs down.
Miki
Miki • Apr 10, 2021
alawey wrote:
Oh one other thing about things being gone when leave . I checked blogs that I KNOW she replied to mine a d another friends and even her replies are totally gone . So we reading replies it doesn't make sense sometimes if you dont know that a reply is missing. ( not missing as in delete by poster and avatar still there. Everything just gone)

I see. I had no blog posts but my forum contributions probably stayed because I was only out about a month.

EDIT: I looked at my profile. It says I have 877 Forum Posts but only goes out 85 pages to #844, December 8, 2017, about a week after I joined. So my absence was probably too short for them to zap my posts. It says 877 but I very much doubt I made 33 posts in 9 days, especially as a Noob in those days.

Again, sorry that her great posts were lost. meanwhile I just found proof positive that threads started as far back as December 2017 are still in the system.
Miki
Miki • Apr 10, 2021
OK I have zero experience with blogs. I tried to read a couple, but they get long and involved. Not that the material isn't great, it's just something I'd probably look into a bit more on a rainy day when I ain't got shit to do around the "house".

I don't know what their policy is on ancient threads, if they're pulled or not. I can only see them yanking a forum thread that might be ill-advised or whose contributors went off the rails and got abusive.

The ancient posts are worth looking at I s'poze but unless it's something super relevant or of renewed interest, I wouldn't post to one, thereby digging it out of the electronic dust-bin and setting it on Page 1.