Online now
Online now

Meet, Munch, Hang Out in person

Bunnie
3 years ago • Apr 16, 2021
Bunnie • Apr 16, 2021
No need to stress, it’ll happen if it’s something you decide you want for yourself icon_smile.gif What got me to my first munch was a promise I made to myself that I was done with hiding from myself. Stubbornness and determination can create positive outcomes at times lol.
However, in the meanwhile, I think there are a lot of groups sharing online information sessions and having lifestyle discussions. A few people have mentioned that they’ve found a lot of these on FetLife whilst Covid has had everything closed down. Perhaps that’s a fantastic first stepping stone.
MrFulmen
MrFulmen • Apr 16, 2021
There can be lots of ways to connect with kinksters and build community in person. Some things I've enjoyed, other than standard munches, that aren't play events:

Group hikes
Movie nights
Book clubs
Game nights
Kink classes
Business meetings for your kinky club
Political action meetings
Parades and street fairs
Leather bars
Kinky coffee shops
Nightclubs
Volunteer work days at a play space
Pool parties & BBQs
Cocktail parties
Discussion groups

In my experience over the last 25 years (in the San Francisco Bay Area) opportunities like this have always existed, and people who took advantage of them have always found much more kinky abundance than people who stuck to sending out personal ads or who only went to play events.
Just Jessy​(switch gender queer){Owned}
When I first got into the community, it took me several months of online interaction before I ever went to an event. (I actually met someone from here before I ever went to an event. We were supposed to go to an event together, but his anxiety was too bad so I went alone). I found a munch on FetLife that I went to which was at a restaurant in the party room. This was purely an educational event. The people who were in charge of it also host their own munch at their house (you have to be vetted for it, but ideally you met them at the public munch) and the first half is educational and then they open their private dungeon for electric play. Through that group, I also got invited to a private party that happened every month, and that required being vetted also. Once I was in the community I got invited to more events and met people that I still talk to even in vanilla settings. Like I met a guy that did my taxes for me lol.
SubtleHush​(sub female)
SubtleHush​(sub female) • Apr 16, 2021
Bunnie said, "They would organize for a guest person who specialized in whatever was the desired new skill to learn about, to fly to us and teach whatever their specialty was. Or if it was simply up-keeping skills already gained, it would be run by the more experienced members or reputable guest members from other groups who may be visiting, who would teach and oversee the less experienced members."

There were munches in the past where a few people would come set up something like a violet wand, tens units etc at different tables and people could walk around and experience those items.

It was a great way to find out what something felt like without actually playing with the person. I thought it was a great idea.