Online now
Online now

Lead/follow social dancing and kinky tendancy

yuppie​(switch gender queer)
3 years ago • Apr 18, 2021

Lead/follow social dancing and kinky tendancy

I'm a swing dancer (specifically Lindy Hop) and, while I learned to lead first and still do occasionally, I've found following to be one of the best feelings in the world. I'm just able to let go, respond to my leader, and get spun around a bunch. In kink, I'm mostly pretty submissive with a bit of a switch side and it strikes me that the roles I chose in dance are very similar.
Have any other social dancers on here noticed similar things?
    The most loved post in topic
L a r s​(dom male)
L a r s​(dom male) • Apr 18, 2021
In "memoirs of a Geisha", the main character has an exchange with a client, who is part if the US military. He finds dancing kinda pointless. It's something to the effect of "What is war but a dance between two armies? Or business but a dance between two buyers?"
Great film. And her line gets into some string themes of eastern philosophy, of the interconnectedness of the world. So, what is this kink but a dance about power?
Just a thought.
Miki
Miki • Apr 18, 2021
I never read that or saw the movie, but according to how they roll, the military man should know, as do those who live there and have consorts even nowadays, that one cannot simply Come, Cum, and Go.

Nope.. You (RHET) have to spend a significant period of time watching her sing, dance and other boring shit before you can have your roll in the sheets.

"Consorts" there are, of course, under a contract (Walk-Ins Not Welcome) and have to be highly intelligent and talented, otherwise they get relegated to housekeeping.

----------------------------------------------------

As far as the topic: it's been a while since I had too much time on my hands and chose to go dancing. However I never led.

Not because I'm 5 foot 1, curve-free and weighing 105 pounds on a good day and it would look too ridiculous...

No, it's because I have 2 left feet and I'd fuck everything up if I tried to lead.