Online now
Online now

Podcast/Training

GuinevereL​(sub female)
2 years ago • May 12, 2021

Podcast/Training

GuinevereL​(sub female) • May 12, 2021
Hello again,
for a year now I have been listening to the podcast Sex Nerd Sandra. Not sure if anyone is familiar with that, but many of the episodes touch on bdsm or have guest speakers who are into kink. There was one episode in particular that talked about clicker training (yes like the dog) but for humans. It was presented in what I perceived as a 24/7 D/s relationship in order to correct unwanted behavior in the submissive.
My question is has anyone done this type of training or something similar? I have a huge obsession with the mental aspect of submission.

side note: some of the guest speakers from the podcast are on fetlife, but I find that to be a scary space.
MrFulmen
MrFulmen • May 12, 2021
Sandra is a great resource.

I train one partner with a training collar that has both a shock for punishment and a click for positive reinforcement.

Like all kinds of D/s training, it works well if it engages the submitting partner's submissive drive. The actual Pavlovian conditioning effect is pretty small compared to how being trained in a way that excites them can capture their attention and inspire them to obey. So if someone is hot to be trained like a dog, it'll work great. If they think being clicked at is silly, it won't do much.

To do it, start off by giving them the click at the same time that you give them a reward, like a pat on the head or a "Good pet." Then gradually phase out the reward while still giving the click, so that they learn to interpret the click itself as a reward.

It can become a sweet way to say "Good pet" in situations where you don't want to say it out loud. Nobody else has to know why you're fiddling with a clicker.
    The most loved post in topic
dollMaker​(dom male)
dollMaker​(dom male) • May 12, 2021
Shock collars round the neck are risky, round a thigh is safer, assuming the person has no contraindications regarding electricity play.