Online now
Online now

Should people be discussing politics on a BDSM site?

Steellover​(sub male)
2 years ago • Jun 9, 2021
Steellover​(sub male) • Jun 9, 2021
I tend to frown on extremism- of any stripe, on either side of the spectrum, and sadly it seems like there is more and more of it these days on social media and other forums. I haven't seen it on this one so far thankfully, maybe I just haven't been around long enough, but on the forums at a certain website whose name rhymes with "Fit of Nautica" it sometimes feels like you are looking at some sort of white-nationalist extremist website, which totally sucks (I'm sorry, but that's...just not for me). Many of these so-called "political" posts amount to little more than blatant trolling or inflammatory shit posting. I am okay with intelligent discussion but it seems like it's harder and harder to do anymore when so many people's views are so militantly and uncompromisingly extreme.

But with that said this is a website that deals with sexual freedom, freedom of choice, and other activities which the morality police, particularly the politically active morality police, might not approve of. And there is always a possibility that our sexual freedoms, including this very website, could be threatened by certain political factions that may wish to crush them. In that case I see no reason why we can't speak up and defend our freedoms and discuss the politics as they specifically pertain to the themes we embrace here.
SageFlame​(sub female)
2 years ago • Jun 9, 2021

Heavy political topics

SageFlame​(sub female) • Jun 9, 2021
@ poppyclaire

I've avoided political jargon and conversation most of my life. I believe strongly in community and united purpose to create positive change.

Here at the cage.co they support debate. A healthy debate is one thing, a shouting match is quite another. One productive the other destructive.

I want to support a safe, fun and accepting place. I also want to support differences of opinion. We don't grow and learn if everyone agrees with us.

You made me think when you said heavy political topics. I'm wondering what makes it heavy. Is it based on emotional reaction. Or does it get heavy when people start polarizing the topic by not using listening skills.

I still wonder.