Online now
Online now

Everything subspace!

Tessallia​(sub male)
2 years ago • Jun 24, 2021
Tessallia​(sub male) • Jun 24, 2021
MrFulmen wrote:
To zoom out one more level from what DrWakko said: There is no singular experience called "subspace" because different people use the word to refer to different kinds of experience. There are at least three rough categories of subspace that I see regularly discussed.

1. The endorphin high from physically challenging play.
2. Dissociation, where it seems like your thoughts switch off and you "get out of your own head."
3. Achieving flow state (look it up) while submitting.

Folks will talk about each one of these as "subspace," usually with no recognition that there are other very different things that are also referred to as "subspace," and that causes all kinds of confusion.

There are probably more versions as well. Those are just the three that jump to the top of my mind.

thanks for that clarification. I thought subspace was just the endorphin high. That said I can see why it gets so confusing. It seems like at least from my experience and what other people have written as well, that it's often a combination of those three categories as well. I can relate to the dissociation in sub story but in the moving story I had the flow state going on. that'd explain why things felt so different too. without it having been spelled out like that I wouldn't have thought much about it.