Online now
Online now

What’s the difference.

Miki
2 years ago • Aug 8, 2021
Miki • Aug 8, 2021
There is a difference while many see it as semantics.

Just plain fucking is just that. It's driving force (no pun intended) is strictly carnal pleasure.
One night stands and quick hookups with someone you meet at a meat-market bar or club is fucking. When done it's "Thanks" or "See ya." for parting words as one or both head out the door and back to their regular lives. There is no attachment or expectation thereof.

Making love is whn two people who have emotional feelings for one another and then fuck. It's the sex act combined with a general feeling and attachment between the two. It' also tends to be more than a one-and-done thing.

*****My response neither expresses nor implies any judgement on or preference for either.*****
    The most loved post in topic
Bunnie
2 years ago • Aug 8, 2021
Bunnie • Aug 8, 2021
I tend to see fucking as quite raw and primal (often with an urgent, “disconnected” rough element to it). Whereas I see lovemaking as the focus being more on intimate connection (often slower with more focus on creating a vulnerable space for each to step into).

I believe both aspects can be achieved within a romantic relationship, or outside of one.
cherilynn​(sub female)
2 years ago • Aug 13, 2021
cherilynn​(sub female) • Aug 13, 2021
In my personal opinion,

Fucking is raw, primal lust and desire between two people. They may love one another, they may not.

Making love is just that; two people showing each other physically how much they love, desire and lust after each other. The love is what sets this apart from the other.

Just my opinion
YMMV
MrFulmen
MrFulmen • Aug 13, 2021
Why limit things to just fucking and making love? Kink means a broader field of options!

I'm fond of "We're not fucking; I'm masturbating using your body as a sex toy."

Then there's sex as a form of worship, sex as a kind of torture, sex as a way of claiming and showing dominance... The possibilities are endless. icon_smile.gif
SageFlame​(sub female)
SageFlame​(sub female) • Aug 13, 2021
Here's my take based on my experiences.

*ucking as a physical expression of primal desires fulfilling a biological need. Scratch the itch, get dopamine, get on with the day.

Making-love is both the physical expression of primal needs infused with an engagement of the soul. In my experience making love is much broader than a tangle of flesh. It is an enmeshment of heart and soul.

As I continue to learn, making-love seems to be a vanilla term for what the bdsm community refer to as intimacy. It doesn't fit in one box. Certainly goes beyond the physical realm.
Sargeant​(dom male)
2 years ago • Aug 15, 2021
Sargeant​(dom male) • Aug 15, 2021
I may be way of base. But here is my opinion. First I’m not a typical “male” I personally can’t and don’t have hook ups or one night stands. My body doesn’t work that way. For me I have to a connection with my partner. There is difference in fucking and making love. Two people that are in a relationship can fuck and it’s enjoyable. I would relate that to the I’m horny and need an orgasm so let’s get at it. Yes it’s primal and can be raw and rough but it can also be slow and gentle. Depending on the parties involved. Love making is an emotional experience. This experience is also primal it can also be raw and rough or slow and gentle but on a different level. I’m not sure what side of sexuality your asking about vanilla or the Bdsm community? But to me the emotional connection I’m talking about completely relates and is best described by the Bdsm community. I learned in my last relationship a lot about myself and my likes wants and turn- ons. For the first time in my life I connected emotionally deep enough to voice all of this to my partner. A connection for me so deep I was willing to let go of fear and try new things. This isn’t something I believe most vanilla couples experience. This kind of connection I believe is found and enjoyed by most in the community. At my age I finally realized and experienced true love making. That’s the difference in my opinion. Sorry for long response.
HuntertheYeenQueen​(dom femme){Allie Kat}
2 years ago • Aug 15, 2021
Just to add my opinion in haha.

I feel like I think somewhere along the lines of everyone else. But, for me:

Fucking doesn't need a connection or emotion. You *can* fuck and have a connection, but you don't *need* it (Unless, ya know, you're a Demisexual like myself. XD But that's beside the point). When I'm horny and just needing to get off, and I pin my wife to the bed and use her how I please, that's fucking, to me. It's sort of carnal and more about needs. It's more raw.

Making love is more focused on emotion. Usually I'm wrapped around her as much as possible, we hold hands, lots of kissing, nuzzling. It's *usually* (Not always) slower, more focused on just *feeling* her. Loving her and appreciating everything that is my wife. Being with her. And for me, way more powerful orgasms haha. I still like fucking but the making love orgasms are just... Perfection haha ❤ Making love is something you wouldn't do or experience really in a one-night stand for example. The emotions just wouldn't really be there (I'm sure there's exceptions, nothing is ever actually absolute. But, overall at least).

There's also a much different mood and vibe in the room, depending on if we're fucking, having sex (Which I feel like is different from fucking still, but, that's a different discussion icon_razz.gif), or making love. It's a little harder to describe but... The atmosphere is different. Even without, well, atmosphere like lighting or sound haha.