Online now
Online now

New adventures, new toys

Udelle
2 years ago • Aug 25, 2021

New adventures, new toys

Udelle • Aug 25, 2021
My partner and I are getting into the scene and we are enjoying it a lot we mainly use floggers at the moment but we are interested in using whips and he likes to make sure he knows how to control the instruments properly before using them on me and he likes using them on himself so he knows the feeling that is attached to it is there any information out there from you guys about the correct way to use a Whip.
We would appreciate any advice about using whips that can be given to us.
sir james ladies​(sub female){oh yes ple}
Hi this is Doc
Learning the whip takes a great deal of time to master. and finding someone to teach you is difficult and costly. he will want to be paid to show you because he took a lot of time to learn themselves. and if you do not do the required practice you can seriously damage someone or even kill. I would go to several professional S.M. houses and ask for there recommendations.
dollMaker​(dom male)
dollMaker​(dom male) • Aug 25, 2021
One of the most risky items out there. It takes awhile to learn to use one safely. The sound of a whip cracking is the popper breaking the sound barrier. A lot of damage can be done if not used carefully.

I recommend he wears a wide brimmed hat, safety glasses and you wear safety glasses once he can throw with accuracy and skill. When learning its wise to wear thick trousers, and a long sleeved jacket too. In the early days of learning, the whip will come back at him, protective clothing will prevent injury.

There are plenty of good tutorial videos on you tube, both kink and vanilla. I would worry more about good throw skills and accuracy first, so the whip sport videos are well worth watching. Once those skills are got, then and only then move on to learning kink related ones. Being taught in person is better, maybe a local country/Americana skills group, or whip cracking group. Again learning from a vanilla person whip enthusiast is great, or a kink one if available. Some local kink groups may host classes and events, if any are about whip use then attending those is a good idea. Its vital he does not use a whip on you till he can throw it with complete control and accuracy. To do so without, could result in serious injury, cut ear, lost eye, facial scars, and at the least bloody lash marks, which will hurt badly but at least not be a life changing injury.

First whip should be a good one, not some pile of crap out of a sex shop. Buy one made from nylon and from either a vanilla maker or kink whip maker, if vanilla don't mention bdsm. Many say start with a longer whip say 6ft to 8ft as they roll out slower than a short whip, but 8ft is too long to use in most homes and clubs, and 6ft not much better. I think about 3 ft is about right, and either a snake or signal whip ideal for kink and vanilla use. A lot of people think bull whip first, but not the best choice I think.

If he gets good at it, then invest in a kangaroo leather whip.
    The most loved post in topic
MissBonnie​(dom female){oz}
^^^^ yep what he said so well^^^^

Just going to add to that get you aim in FIRST and for most. Target shoot outside. A spot on the fence. a pegged playing card to a tree branch, anything that doesn't feel pain or bleed! Then I suggest moving to a towel or stuffy (sorry littles) Something with a nape to the fabric so you can see where the strike lies. You can also talc your whip end and strike a dark surface. Personally I dislike that method or the lipstick method as its messy and dries out your leather. I'd also suggest the first time your try on a human target, a wrap the section you don't want to hurt, an easy wrap can just be a towel held on by either bondage tape or easily sourced vet wrap or even clingwrap/saran. As you progress you can make the safety padding smaller. No one was born with a whip in there hand, swallow your pride and keep your greatest asset safe(r)

Rather than retype my words to other tips and hints I'm going to be lazy and drop links to them LOL
While these are Femdom resources, some might still help. You can never have enough advise or safety.

Different strokes - Different strokes, for different folks.
https://collarncuffs.com/resources/doku.php?id=different_strokes

Whip Breaking - Whip care & breaking in a new whip.
https://collarncuffs.com/resources/doku.php?id=whip_breaking

Bull whip safety - A general guide.
https://collarncuffs.com/resources/doku.php?id=bull_whip_safety

Melanoma & SM play - know the dangers.
https://collarncuffs.com/resources/doku.php?id=melanoma_sm_play
Udelle
2 years ago • Sep 3, 2021
Udelle • Sep 3, 2021
Thankyou all for your advice. It really does help us a lot gaining knowledge and hearing experiences from you all.
We talk about everything and all the possible risks and never go into anything unknowingly.
All your help is greatly appreciated.