Online now
Online now

A question to people who are around the BDSM scene for years

blue butterfly​(masochist female){S}
5 years ago • Jul 28, 2018

A question to people who are around the BDSM scene for years

When I was under age, there was this ancient BDSM forum that I always go and read from. I'd like to know if any of you knows what is the forum I'm talking about

I didn't register, as it would be illegal - or perhaps it's already shut down and it was an achieve? It does have the look of those older forums where it's all mono type fonts, and there's barely any pictures. It sort of looks like a modern version of those alt.sadistic / alt.bdsm forums (that are long gone now)

Anyways, that was a really good forum, everyone on it knows a lot about SM theories and they have these really in depth intellectual discussions about, like BDSM and childhood experiences, difference of SSC and RACK , and things like that. The discussions are really long, like 4-5 pages and everyone replies in long paragraphs. Also most people on that forum are pretty experienced, like 40-60yos. I remember there was also a very comprehensive BDSM terms glossery list on the site.

Does anyone know what this forum might be? I wonder if it still exists now somewhere
MissBonnie​(dom female){oz}
Hard one to work out as so many sites have come and gone in the last decade. Most back then where separate as in Femdom or Maledom, when talking Forums. A lot also closed due to new laws, the first taking most down was 2257 that involved images and copyright but most of us just gave up. Now we face FOSTA/FESTA and other annoying yet..I guess necessary things.

Just sprang to mind...Would it be CastleRealm? or informedconsent? (gone now but there are achieves around on things like waybackmachine. IC has a FL group) powerotics is another, thats about the only larger ones that was (mixed) BDSM that I can think off. Small popular ones was the likes of MDS (MyDungeonSpace). It could of also been one of the APEX sites, I think the Arizona and Albany is still about. they are now less geared to discussion and more information/safety/education. There are also a few of the larger leather sites still active. Most older sites BDSM removed forums due to spam they create plus now everyone wants instant connection rather than discussion (apart from here that is ) A lot of the older site owners moved it to real time "munches" so the discussion could continue once we found each other through the internet.

If you remember what the name was. i'd love to know. Its interesting taking a walk down memory lane or reading what others remember and what made an impact.

Hope someone is more helpful than me... ..
    The most loved post in topic
Thank you @MissBonnie!

I don't remember its name at all. English isn't my native language and back then I always relied on a favorited link to visit that site. I'll Google them and see if any one seem to be the one in my memory. Its nice to just browse through the history icon_smile.gif

Looking back most of those older sites had so much well organized information.... Nowadays we have much bigger kinky social medias but somehow it seems harder to find in depth information about certain BDSM topics. I wonder why.

Also I googled BDSM back room and there it is - http://www.bcwsd.com/backroom/library.html ! The forum is indeed closed so I can't tell if it is the one unfortunately.
Speaking of I LOVE the podcast feed we have in the cage! I don't see this anywhere else and it's nice that there's educational information here. Most other sites are just dating sites really. I guess it's a bit hard now BDSM goes kind of mainstream and there's more people who wants to be apart of it for different intentions other then being genuinely interested