Online now
Online now

Love or Hate - 50 Shades

TwoRingsOneChain
2 years ago • Jan 17, 2022

Love or Hate - 50 Shades

TwoRingsOneChain • Jan 17, 2022
I know that by and large most people cannot stand the original Fifty Shades movie is it doesn't really portray the lifestyle.

That being said, I did like the few parts of it did I could really resonate with. Her dancing in the kitchen listening to music while wearing his shirt.

I can't tell you how many times that has happened to me as well to be caught , while cooking or cleaning, and he just standingthere amused, watching..

I know this other part seems a little bit as a common occurrence but the rolling of the eyes, or similar gestures that indicate the sub basically saying " really ?"

I don't mean to be disrespectful in relationships between a Master and sub, but there's no way anyone can tell me that you as a sub, dont ever laugh, or roll eyes when your Master says certain things to you.
Moonlighter​(dom male)
Moonlighter​(dom male) • Jan 17, 2022
I remember reading the first book when I borrowed it from an ex ....

I can remember reading the pages, but not the words ... this was while reading it, so I'd read a page immediately forget what was going on and have to go back and reread several times because my brain would turn off in an attempt to preserve my remaining IQ. (In short in my opinion as an avid reader of books ... it wasn't well written).

Also I remember the character saying "Oh my" a lot ... which reminded me of George Takei ... which also removed me completely from whatever happened between the first page and the last.

In short I personally didn't enjoy it but as they say, different strokes for different folks, but I never watched the movie either
HurtSoGood
HurtSoGood • Jan 17, 2022
Not gonna lie, I never even watched the movies. I read 5 paragraphs of the first novel, based off of a Twilight fanfiction, and I found the writing to be about as subpar as I found the Twilight saga. I just couldn't do it. But that's just my personal preference as a reader.

My vanilla bestie absolutely adores the books and movies and she and I have had many a respectful debate from the quality of the writing to the portrayal of this lifestyle.
Ingénue{VK}
Ingénue{VK} • Jan 17, 2022
My profile page expresses some vague opinion or other but I can't remember. Something about Dornan clean shaven.
Miki
Miki • Jan 17, 2022
Never even heard of "50 Shades" until I saw it referenced in one way or another on this site, but as with many "outside-looking-in" works of fiction, the portrayal of a given topic is seldom very accurate.

That having been said, it doesn't look like anything that would appeal to me, so it's neither "love" nor "hate"--- Just... "meh"
LongerJohnny​(dom male)
LongerJohnny​(dom male) • Jan 17, 2022
I've neither seen nor read it (them?)
All I have ever heard is that's it was a shit movie and a poorly written book, and that is almost enough of a reason for me to put it on my list of all-time worst must-see movies. Oftentimes then worst ones are the funniest ones.
But surely there are more entertaining shitty movies to waste time on.
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker}
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker} • Jan 17, 2022
LongerJohnny wrote:
All I have ever heard is that's it was a shit movie and a poorly written book, and that is almost enough of a reason for me to put it on my list of all-time worst must-see movies .

The books were written as fan fiction (by an adult woman) for the Twilight series (mostly a teen phenomenon). It surprised the hell out of me that they blew up into a world wide wank fantasy for otherwise straight laced "vanilla" type ladies. I remember hearing stories of women pulling their panties down in theaters and masturbating while watching the first movie. And *we* get accused of inappropriate behavior? 😉
Richlydefined​(sub female){Gardener}
As a writer and someone who edits other people's works, it isn't hard to find little things in most works that people will relate to. In many works, they're included with the intention of catching your interest to leave you with a feeling of; "OH! I understand that/do that too". I am not surprised that you could relate to some of the more common bits of the characters' interactions that were included. That being said those little moments that you've expressed a resonance with could happen in almost any relationship and that is exactly what makes them engaging.

The content of the series as a whole is what most tend to take issue with. As a member of the kink community, I think the series' inaccuracies do a great disservice to us all. (Yes, I did force myself to read them all, it took forever because it was so poorly written but I believe that to have a valuable opinion of something you actually have to experience it and not just know about it. I never bothered to watch the movies; the books were awful enough.) The relationship portrayed is unhealthy at best and abusive at worse so reading into the characters' interactions and responses should not be seen as any sort of standard behavior.
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker}
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker} • Jan 17, 2022
Richlydefined wrote:
Those little moments that you've expressed a resonance with could happen in almost any relationship and that is exactly what makes them engaging...the relationship portrayed is unhealthy at best and abusive at worse so reading into the characters' interactions and responses should not be seen as any sort of standard behavior.

Bingo! Those little "cutesy" vignettes were carefully planted to entice and lure while trying to make the relationship *appear* to be playful while the underlying dynamic screamed manipulation (on his part) and willful disregard of common sense on hers.
bigandsmall​(sub female)
2 years ago • Jan 18, 2022
bigandsmall​(sub female) • Jan 18, 2022
WytchyWoman wrote:
LongerJohnny wrote:
All I have ever heard is that's it was a shit movie and a poorly written book, and that is almost enough of a reason for me to put it on my list of all-time worst must-see movies .

The books were written as fan fiction (by an adult woman) for the Twilight series (mostly a teen phenomenon). It surprised the hell out of me that they blew up into a world wide wank fantasy for otherwise straight laced "vanilla" type ladies. I remember hearing stories of women pulling their panties down in theaters and masturbating while watching the first movie. And *we* get accused of inappropriate behavior? 😉

Hahaahahaa