Online now
Online now

Body piercings

captain sensible
2 years ago • Feb 24, 2022

Body piercings

captain sensible • Feb 24, 2022
Should or do ppl either m or f need remove genital piercings for medical examinations
Scarlett Sophie​(sub female)
2 years ago • Feb 25, 2022
I think you should be good! However, I do not know the exact details of your appointment or what you are having done, so it wouldn't hurt to check with your doctor before hand! Good luck
captain sensible
captain sensible • Feb 25, 2022
Thankyou, ppl however do not want to pre speak with a doctor for an issue may not be there / arise, also part of the question is I had a heavily pierced female sub who reached the stage she refused to remove her piercings became she felt they were her, even when she went for smear health checks she kept her 12 vaginal piercings in, there was never an issue but she reached the stage she just refused to remove, it nearly became a challenge for her.
FireStorm​(dom male)
FireStorm​(dom male) • Feb 25, 2022
As above, medical professionals tend to be pretty non-judgmental when it comes to these things but you have to consider what the examination is for. For a mammogram, you would probably want to remove nipple piercings. For an MRI, you wouldn't want to be wearing any metal jewelry. If it's just a routine gyno appointment and your jewelry wouldn't interfere with the exam... leave it in.

Along the same vein, I had a sub with nipple piercings and whenever we would travel by air she would replace her jewelry with nylon so that she wouldn't set off the metal detectors.
    The most loved post in topic
DrJokerTearMiser​(sadist male)
2 years ago • Feb 28, 2022
We may be able to better answer your question if we understood the reason your asking. Have you experienced an issue? Are you afraid your going to? Are you trying to learn about medical play? What is the real question your asking?

In a doctor's setting they should never ask you to remove anything that will not negatively impact their ability to do the job. For instance, if we use an ear as an example, if the need to see inside you won't need to pull the piercing out of your earlobe. However, if you have a large Tragus piercing that makes it difficult for the to get the tool inside your ear you will need to remove that or they can't do the procedure.
Birdie Hubbard​(dom female)
2 years ago • Mar 1, 2022
If it doesn’t impact your care? No, we don’t care. We’ve seen it all, nothing is surprising to us, etc.

As someone said above—if the piercings inhibit care? (I.e. if the genital piercings completely close the labia majora and she’s going for a gynecological appointment? Then the piercings need to, perhaps not be removed, but rather made so that she could be, well, opened and examined.)

Someone also mentioned MRIs—you can actually wear a number of metals safely during most standard MRI exams. (I know, it’s shocking.)

The problems arise when the piercing itself is in the area of interest.

What I mean by this is if you are having an MRI of your face, you can’t have any facial piercings because all the image will show is the metal artifact.

Also, most people aren’t actually aware of the type of metal that their piercing is. (They have some idea, usually, but absolute 100% certainty? With certified documentation? Not usually.) So it becomes a matter of safety to remove all metal completely.

After all, you don’t want your naughty bits getting holes burned through them, right?

Best of luck!

💋🔐🦜