Online now
Online now

Subspace

augiedokie​(sub female)
2 years ago • Mar 15, 2022

Subspace

augiedokie​(sub female) • Mar 15, 2022
My submissive headspace has always been something that I can achieve naturally. I find myself feeling more pliant and relaxed doing things as simple as cleaning the house, or grocery shopping. Lately though, it's been driving past that point and more into what I'll call 'light subspace'. Words as simple as "good girl" or even having my back rubbed while I'm in that submissive headspace has my mind going fuzzy. I'm not complaining, but I'd rather save that feeling for my scenes. Any tips on how to ward it off?
A Cloud​(sub female){Owned}
2 years ago • Mar 16, 2022
I am somewhat unclear about your question. Subspace and sub mindset are two different states.

Subspace is specific to being in a play scene. Neurologically, it is the brain temporarily shutting down from an overload of (sensory) stimulation experienced in short succession. In a subspace experience consciousness goes, time stops and the body relaxes to its minimal capacity of function.

That being said, I believe you are referring to a sub mindset (remembering these experiences are felt differently by each individual). This sort of mindset may be equated with a state of acute attentiveness to a task, concept or thing. In other words, it comes from a place of devotion. A sub mindset is more of a long-term state of mind whereby submission brings calm, quiet focus and a balanced state of brain activity and effort.

I believe these states can be harnessed to a certain degree but it's about being aware of ones own consciousness through metacognition. In other words, knowing how your brain responds to situations and influences. Researching these functions and reflecting on your states of mind are likely to be most effective for your personal journey toward achieving desired states of mind.
    The most loved post in topic
Bunnie
2 years ago • Mar 16, 2022
Bunnie • Mar 16, 2022
My suggestion would be a conditioning response, however, it may have affects elsewhere that could be undesirable. For example, you could use a rubber and around your wrist, and when feeling yourself slipping into that space at a time that is unwanted, you could flick the band to snap yourself out of it. The repercussions for that however, could be that it interferes with your ability to be in subspace… or it may train you to desire a little pain with your subspace. Any form of conditioning tool needs to be used with awareness and caution.

Another perhaps less drastic way could be to create a little “mantra” to say to yourself to snap yourself out of it. Perhaps something like “this is not the time and place.”

Perhaps a combination of the two could work, or be needed.

It really depends on how your mind and body work. For me, I need that physical aspect to capture my attention, so a combination of both would probably work best. You may only need to tell yourself to snap out of it, I don’t know.

Hopefully this helps in some way icon_smile.gif
augiedokie​(sub female)
2 years ago • Mar 18, 2022
augiedokie​(sub female) • Mar 18, 2022
Thank you so much Bunnie, that was really insightful. I definitely agree with the need for a physical component to snap out of it.

I understand what you mean by conditioning the association of pain with subspace but it probably outweighs slipping into that headspace at very unconventional times.
Slpnot​(switch male){Haven't be}
2 years ago • Mar 19, 2022
Try things that guys do to keep from getting a hard on like listing all the players names on the baseball team your favorite of course try listing out loud the components of something that you like or would like to have
tallslenderguy​(other male)
2 years ago • Mar 20, 2022

Re: Subspace

augiedokie wrote:
My submissive headspace has always been something that I can achieve naturally. I find myself feeling more pliant and relaxed doing things as simple as cleaning the house, or grocery shopping. Lately though, it's been driving past that point and more into what I'll call 'light subspace'. Words as simple as "good girl" or even having my back rubbed while I'm in that submissive headspace has my mind going fuzzy. I'm not complaining, but I'd rather save that feeling for my scenes. Any tips on how to ward it off?

Ah, interesting. Maybe a different take on the question (just to add to the conversation, don't know if it will fit for you)

For me, both the things you mention can 'trigger' me into sub space as well, depending on Who's saying or touching. IOW, it's the combination of a Man who has power with me using those things that puts me into subspace. To me, that's part of the dynamic. I.e., Him having power, control to push those buttons and put me there. When i have that kind of connection with a Man, i love the feeling of being sort of possessed and Him being able to put me in subspace. That said, i'd explain to Him what is happening and let Him know, maybe He'll modify how and when He pushes those buttons? But to me, this is an opportunity to strengthen a bond.
But i know that's me, may not apply to you and your situation, just a different angle.