Online now
Online now

Poly, Swing, Groups, more than couple (?)

Valore
1 year ago • May 21, 2022

Poly, Swing, Groups, more than couple (?)

Valore • May 21, 2022
Hello,
I'm a Switch looking for some information on Poly, Swing, groups... in general a "more than one on one."

I know that Swingers aren't necessarily bdsm related, but added this category in order to get more information about such.

What are the differences between these categories?
I am curious about everyone's experiences, ways they enjoyed a dynamic, what drew them towards it, etc. In regards to these categories and how monogamous could be interpreted or seen from such perspectives.

Any information at all would be greatly appreciated. I am here to get a better grasp of things.

-> if these are too broad, or you are unable to find a starting point... then consider a scenario of double topping in a poly, or open relationship.
curiousLucy​(sub female)
curiousLucy​(sub female) • May 21, 2022
Interesting topic, I have no experience in it so nothing particulary smart or helpful to say.
I think it takes a lot of emotional stability to be able to handle possible jealousy or other forms of hurt feelings. If partners are open, honest and mature enough it could be a beautiful relation or a lifestyle.
I will be checking in to see more comments for sure icon_smile.gif
Notely
Notely • May 21, 2022
Not really my thing what people do is their business makes them happy as long not hurting anyone else.
You first should try making friends with people build something first see where it goes. Look for those like you. Goth night at the club , D/s club , munch , Online virtual place.
It just can not be forced the person has to be in to it.
Head of Household Master them one self take care the first one they have in stability and love to take on more would need to be agreed on the first one has a say. They take on more they need to treat and care for the rest. Its a circle of unity everyone thing should be open and honest nothing hide.

Without COMMUNICATION there is no RELATIONSHIP. Without RESPECT there is no LOVE. Without TRUST there is no reason to CONTINUE
With no Us their no nothing. Takes 2 people a circle to be a team its not just about one.

Poly , Swingers couples should only look for people that looking for others not ones who are not.
MisterAshmodai​(dom male)
MisterAshmodai​(dom male) • May 21, 2022
The primary difference between poly and swing is that, in a poly situation, the aim is to cultivate full-on, lasting relationships with each new partner. In a swing scenario, the aim is generally to just enjoy one-off encounters with people who are not your formal partner. These definitions are fairly academic and there are areas of overlap (i.e. recurrent swing partners or varying definitions of 'full-on relationship'), but for the purpose of comparison, these work.
When I decide to bring a new partner into my polycule, I do so with the intention of building a deep, emotionally supportive, and long lasting connection; as opposed to having an encounter with someone who may facilitate a particular kink, or who may simply seem like a fun time to be had together, which would be more along the lines of a swinging situation.

As far as monogamy goes, how you define what it means to be monogamous would affect how it relates. Typically, I see monogamy as the opposite of polyamory. You love and devote yourself to one person as opposed to loving and devoting yourself to as many people as you want/can (poly saturation is the point at which you are involved with as many partners as you can be while still offering what you consider the full experience of being in a relationship with you). I think swinging can have more overlap with monogamy as certain elements, primarily emotional reliance and long term life development are not typically part of a swinging relationships, so these can still be the sole jurisdiction of your mono partner.
There are a lot of subjective opinions about the validity of any of these relationship styles, and they all offer different benefits while requiring different types of work, but they are all completely valid relationship styles.

(Edited to remove random autocorrect nonsense words)
    The most loved post in topic
slavebilly​(sub male)
1 year ago • May 25, 2022
slavebilly​(sub male) • May 25, 2022
I think these are things you grow into as an individual or a couple. I don't think it matters if you are or are not poly. Kinks and fetishes can't be practiced while swinging, threesoming, or in a group. However, most of this (my opinion) involves predominantly just sex. A true D/s relationship involves much more than sex. I find a true D/s relationship is better practiced with a couple...or as a pack that meets regularly.
Valore
1 year ago • May 28, 2022
Valore • May 28, 2022
curiousLucy wrote:
Interesting topic, I have no experience in it so nothing particulary smart or helpful to say.
I think it takes a lot of emotional stability to be able to handle possible jealousy or other forms of hurt feelings. If partners are open, honest and mature enough it could be a beautiful relation or a lifestyle.
I will be checking in to see more comments for sure icon_smile.gif

Even those without experience might shed light where others cannot. Glad this posy could be of reference to you and thank you for responding with whatever information you felt you could at the time.
Much appreciated.

-E
Valore
1 year ago • May 28, 2022
Valore • May 28, 2022
MisterAshmodai wrote:
The primary difference between poly and swing is that, in a poly situation, the aim is to cultivate full-on, lasting relationships with each new partner. In a swing scenario, the aim is generally to just enjoy one-off encounters with people who are not your formal partner. These definitions are fairly academic and there are areas of overlap (i.e. recurrent swing partners or varying definitions of 'full-on relationship'), but for the purpose of comparison, these work.
When I decide to bring a new partner into my polycule, I do so with the intention of building a deep, emotionally supportive, and long lasting connection; as opposed to having an encounter with someone who may facilitate a particular kink, or who may simply seem like a fun time to be had together, which would be more along the lines of a swinging situation.

As far as monogamy goes, how you define what it means to be monogamous would affect how it relates. Typically, I see monogamy as the opposite of polyamory. You love and devote yourself to one person as opposed to loving and devoting yourself to as many people as you want/can (poly saturation is the point at which you are involved with as many partners as you can be while still offering what you consider the full experience of being in a relationship with you). I think swinging can have more overlap with monogamy as certain elements, primarily emotional reliance and long term life development are not typically part of a swinging relationships, so these can still be the sole jurisdiction of your mono partner.
There are a lot of subjective opinions about the validity of any of these relationship styles, and they all offer different benefits while requiring different types of work, but they are all completely valid relationship styles.

(Edited to remove random autocorrect nonsense words)

This has honestly been extremely helpful in clarifying a generic or comparative related definition of distinction.
Even if some definitions cannot encompass the lum sum of all there is branching from or around it.. I still appreciate the explanation you offered, because it helps to create an idea of what some could be and then find out more later. To have a base or basic idea of what such could be.
It also really helps that you could offer personal experience and a bit of guidance along with it based on your experience.
Thank you very much for this reply.