Online now
Online now

Things I should know

MiaMinx
1 year ago • Jun 15, 2022

Things I should know

MiaMinx • Jun 15, 2022
What are some things I should know before attending any lifestyle event?
DewofHermon​(sub female)
DewofHermon​(sub female) • Jun 15, 2022
I was told by several people that it’s better to not go alone especially for subs. Find a friend to go with you for the first time. I will let people who have real experience to share their tips
Bunnie
Bunnie • Jun 15, 2022
@MiaMinx,

Be polite and respectful. Civility goes a long way.
Don’t touch anything that doesn’t belong to you, nor other people, without permission.
Don’t interrupt a scene. If something doesn’t seem right to you, don’t assume… ask someone in charge… it may be a negotiated part of the scene, you just don’t know as an outside observer.

Some things to remind yourself of:
You are free to leave at any time. You are not obligated to anyone. You don’t have to interact in any ways that make you uncomfortable. It’s ok to step away from people that make you uncomfortable. It’s perfectly ok to just watch, for however long that may be… days, weeks, months, years… you don’t have to play.

Also, it’s ok to feel socially awkward! If you’re shy, it’s ok. A lot of people are. I’m honest and just tell people that straight up, then I feel like I’ve given myself permission to not feel like I have to “perform,” which can be exhausting. It can be a lovely surprise to discover that most people are super welcoming and accepting.

Drink water. It’s a high excitement and energy atmosphere, you can become dehydrated without realising.
Eat a good meal beforehand. And have little snacks if you need. Oftentimes these venues have nibblies available.

Breathe. Remember everyone has been in the same position at some point. Good luck 😊
Miki
1 year ago • Jun 16, 2022
Miki • Jun 16, 2022
Keep your expectations reasonable. If something develops fast with someone, might very well be too fast. Go check out the atmosphere, meet some people, and try to avoid bringing something home that the next morning you would seriously prefer to be scraping off the sole of your shoe.

Above all, have fun, keep it light and who knows you might just want to attend another one.