Online now
Online now

Subspace

Ethos​(dom male)
7 years ago • Jan 29, 2017

Subspace

Ethos​(dom male) • Jan 29, 2017
So being a dom I've never experienced sub space. I wanted to see what the community's thoughts are and hopefully hear back from anyone that has experienced it 

Or is it a myth
Villanelle​(staff)
7 years ago • Jan 29, 2017
Villanelle​(staff) • Jan 29, 2017
As a non-switching dominant I've never experienced sub space but I've definitely experienced domme space - that heady, flying, euphoric feeling.  It's the best high I've ever had.  I've heard the submissive equivalent is similar but I will look forward to hearing with the subs have to say.

Great topic!
Sub​(sub female)
7 years ago • Jan 30, 2017

Subspace is real

Sub​(sub female) • Jan 30, 2017
Iv had subspace many times it can be dangerous if the master is not experienced. Also iv had sub drop a fair few times aswell and it's the worst feeling in the world especially if the master does not give correct aftercare
GirlDaring​(sub female)
7 years ago • Jan 31, 2017
GirlDaring​(sub female) • Jan 31, 2017
Sub space is so wonderful and weird. Sometimes it comes on slowly and I don't even know I'm there until I start to come out of it and realize that the internal dialogue that constantly runs in my head has been quiet for a while and I'm just floaty and dreamy and warm and melty. That usually happens during impact play and I'm a terrible judge of how hard the impact is during subspace- which can be great for endurance but does require a top who knows what I can take and not to push too far.

With rope it usually comes on very suddenly - I get very sleepy/ drowsy and it's hard to keep my eyes open and I'm totally relaxed. It's happened as suddenly as having a rope gag shoved in my mouth and then snap I was there.
Ethos​(dom male)
7 years ago • Feb 1, 2017
Ethos​(dom male) • Feb 1, 2017
Thank you to the subs ( and doms) that replied to share there thoughts on this. I compleatly agree with "sub" as aftercare is just as important as any other act that u are performing. I know I repeat this a lot but I feel it's so important that the connection u share is strong and built on, and in my personal opinion it's what is most beautiful to me. 
aliljaded​(sub female)
7 years ago • Feb 2, 2017

subspace

aliljaded​(sub female) • Feb 2, 2017
Subspace is a metaphor for the state the submissive’s mind and body are in during a deeply involving play scene. Many types of BDSM play invoke strong physical responses such as extended adrenalin surges that can cause exhaustion. The mental aspect of BDSM also causes many submissives to separate themselves mentally from their environment as they process the experience. Deep subspace is often characterized as a state of deep recession and incoherence. Many submissives require aftercare.During the scene, the intense experiences of both pain and pleasure trigger a sympathetic nervous system response, which causes a release of epinephrine from the suprarenal glands, as well as a dump of endorphins and enkephalins. These natural chemicals, part of the fight or flight response, produce the same effect as a morphine-like drug, increasing the pain tolerance of the submissive as the scene becomes more intense. Producing a sort of trance-like state due to the increase of hormones and chemicals, the submissive starts to feel out-of-body, detached from reality, and as the high comes down, and the parasympathetic nervous system kicks in, a deep exhaustion, as well as incoherence. Many submissives once reaching a height of subspace will lose all sensation of pain, as any stimuli causes the period to prolong.....

This best describes it ...

Play safe .

J.
    The most loved post in topic
_Floss_
7 years ago • Feb 4, 2017
_Floss_ • Feb 4, 2017
As a switch I've experienced both subspace and Topspace, for me they're both very real and both a little different.

For me subspace is more like a fuzzy, floaty feeling. Where as top space feels like everything comes into better focus.

Subspace makes me feel like I can't even remember my own name. But Topspace make me feel like I could take on the world, and win.

I often think subspace is like taking a sedative and Topspace is like taking stimulant.

Both are very pleasant in there own unique ways icon_smile.gif

Floss
aliljaded​(sub female)
7 years ago • Feb 4, 2017
aliljaded​(sub female) • Feb 4, 2017
Subspace...(Two Kinds)

Two Kinds of Subspace
Subspace is a widespread experience among BDSM subs, and from my own interactions with partners and discussions with friends, it manifests in two distinct forms. I have only seen one of these discussed in published materials and online forums.

What I call physiological subspace, which is the variant most commonly described, is induced through sustained pain play, especially from impact toys, e.g. a bare hand, flogger, paddle, cane, etc. It is apparently caused by endorphins, adrenaline, or other body chemistry. The actual sensation varies among individuals. The way it was described to me by a partner experiencing it is a strong whole-body buzzing sensation coupled with an inability to focus her eyes. Others I've spoken with have described it as a warm, floaty, spacey, serene feeling which is less bothered by pain. Some people attach spiritual significance to the experience. For some it is the point of kinky play.

Physiological subspace is not inevitable during S&M play. I know of one top who would monitor his partner and pause when she felt subspace coming on, until the feeling passed, so that she would remain wholly present, and fully sensitive to pain, during their sessions.

What I call psychological subspace, which I had never seen discussed in writing before I witnessed it first hand, occurs far more commonly than the physiological kind. It is apparently induced by feeling drawn to a dom. I have no idea what causes this phenomenon, but it is widespread among subs I have met. It is not the same as sexual arousal, though may be accompanied by that. The sensation is very much an altered state, where the person becomes inarticulate or non-verbal, suggestible, and feels floaty and warm, possibly with mild tingling throughout the body. It is an inviting feeling, and hard to resist.

Problematically, a sub can drop into psychological subspace around a dom she hardly knows! I've experienced this very situation, during a first conversation with a girl, on two occasions — once on the phone, and once sitting together at a cafe. In both cases my companion was caught off guard by the sudden, intense feelings, and somewhat overwhelmed. Fortunately this state can be managed or suppressed, and it's very important for subs to learn to do so, as subspace leaves a sub vulnerable to a dom who's motives she isn't certain of. Simply breathing and bringing your attention back to what's going on around you will help lift you out of subspace, but you'll need to sustain that effort once you come back to the surface.

Although I have no experience of hypnosis, in either therapeutic or erotic situations, I suspect that psychological subspace is sometimes mistaken for a hypnotic trance. While it's conceivable that they're related states of mind, psychological subspace is not caused by a dom, merely catalyzed by him. I have to wonder whether doms who claim to practice hypnosis are merely triggering subspace responses in their subjects!

The Journey Of Will...