Online now
Online now

Scent and taste conditioning

Heero​(dom male)
1 year ago • May 15, 2022

Re: Scent and taste conditioning

Heero​(dom male) • May 15, 2022
Sub Serve wrote:
As a sub, I get so connected to my Domme or Master over time, that just their scent and/or taste (either clean or dirty) becomes a euphoric trigger. Sometimes just their scent in worn clothes while doing their laundry can set me off. I have read where others can get that way by the smell of leather collars, cuffs, crops, etc.
I’m wondering if any professional Dommes and Masters out there use this as a conditioning tool when owning/training a sub? Is it just my keen senses as work here?
Assume this is a Pavlovian response that can be trained like any other special dynamic that shows the proper respect and worship that a Dom deserves and the control over their sub.
Anybody share this experience, either Dom or Sub, or am I just a kinky corner case? Appreciate any comments?

I won't say I do this in general, but I do for a particular sub since I learned she has a powerful connection to my scent. As mentioned by others, scent and taste (especially scent) can trigger very powerful memories and associations. My scent does that for my sub in various ways.

Since learning that, I would incorporate this into our set-up/foreplay. When we meet for play or to do a scene, we always do a very similar routine to prepare her and get her into a submissive mindset, and also to just connect after not seeing each other for a while. A part of that routine involves her inhaling my scent. It calms/arouses/centers her before we get into things. In this way I suppose it functions sort of like an anchoring technique, or a pre-care (cf. after care) routine.

Like I said, I don't do this in general, but for this sub, I know she likes it, it gets her into a certain mindset, and she finds it pleasurable, and so I do it all the time when we meet. I made it a part our routine, because routines are great. She loves it and consistently talks about it as one of her favorite parts of our meetings. I love it because she loves it and I take great pleasure in allowing her to indulge in something that has this sort of effect on her.
    The most loved post in topic
Sub Serve​(sub male)
Sub Serve​(sub male) • May 15, 2022
Thank you Herero, for the great response. Your way of incorporating scents and tastes into the foreplay/setup is exactly aligned to my thinking. It triggers an emotional and physiological response in your sub. I feel the same way and nice to see it is recognized and utilized by others.
tallslenderguy​(other male)
Interesting, and possibly pertinent.

"Strange as it may sound, some scientists suspect that the humble armpit could be sending all kinds of signals from casual flirtation to sounding the alarm. That’s because the body’s secretions, some stinky and others below the threshold your nose can detect, may be rife with chemical messages called pheromones. Yet despite half a century of research into these subtle cues, we have yet to find direct evidence of their existence in humans."

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/are-human-pheromones-real/
Lazuli
1 year ago • May 16, 2022
Lazuli • May 16, 2022
latexbondagebunny wrote:
I think that, There is always a memory or trigger attached to a scent or taste. Whenever Ma'am was away she would put a pair of her panties inside the pillow case on my bed.

And sometimes just for fun.

I'm a sucker for the scent and feel of Leather and Latex so..... they also trigger responses in me.

Just my 2 cents.

Oh those shorts!
Lazuli
1 year ago • May 16, 2022

Re: Scent and taste conditioning

Lazuli • May 16, 2022
Sub Serve wrote:
As a sub, I get so connected to my Domme or Master over time, that just their scent and/or taste (either clean or dirty) becomes a euphoric trigger. Sometimes just their scent in worn clothes while doing their laundry can set me off. I have read where others can get that way by the smell of leather collars, cuffs, crops, etc.
I’m wondering if any professional Dommes and Masters out there use this as a conditioning tool when owning/training a sub? Is it just my keen senses as work here?
Assume this is a Pavlovian response that can be trained like any other special dynamic that shows the proper respect and worship that a Dom deserves and the control over their sub.
Anybody share this experience, either Dom or Sub, or am I just a kinky corner case? Appreciate any comments?

It’s not all that uncommon, the scent thing. I’ve encountered l it among some of the primal types, some of the protocol types, and some of the humility. Pretty common among leather Fetishist as well.

As for olfactory response it’s quite easy to train in multiple ways. Fist it happens whether you train it or not. It’s the most common sense associated to memories.

To train simply toss in the appropriate reinforcement to the goal. And tell anyone who makes you feel like a corner case to go fuck themselves, unless degradation is your thing.
I'mME
1 year ago • May 19, 2022
I'mME • May 19, 2022
I am one who gets turned on by cologne, sometimes that outdoor smell , other smells.
Lingering on a shirt, on me....

I imagine if both were on board, Dom and sub that smell could most certainly be used for some purpose.
MangoMamba
11 months ago • Apr 18, 2023
MangoMamba • Apr 18, 2023
I love perfume and thing that smell nice makes me thing of family or food. It’s perfectly natural, when involved with someone I’d hope they smell nice not only because it smells nice but because it can bring me comfort or arousal. While it’s harder for humans to really catch on to smell unless it’s prominent, Studies have shown certain times of the month or just body chemistry can increase romantic interest, and or arousal/sex drive.
B L O N D I E​(sub female)
11 months ago • Apr 18, 2023
B L O N D I E​(sub female) • Apr 18, 2023
I agree with Lazuli and Sub Serve that it happens automatically. Sub space is a highly hypnotic and suggestive state, so anything we're exposed to in that state will have a powerful effect on our subconscious minds. A smell we're exposed to in that state will become imprinted and associated with that state, including all the euphoria and orgasmic pleasure that went with it. Being repeatedly exposed to both the state and the stimuli will make the connection even stronger. This has happened to me with my dominant as well as with all the toys and implements associated with our meetings. I don't think I'll ever be able to forget them. The same can be said for negative experiences that are associated with a particular smell.
SPANKSREALRED​(sadist male)
4 weeks ago • Feb 28, 2024
Whenever I had a submissive woman involved in a spanking relationship, I always enjoyed the scent of her bottom... For me it's an aphrodisiac... That actually gives me a natural high...
tallslenderguy​(other male)
4 weeks ago • Feb 28, 2024
i'm not into very strong scents. There's a niche in the gay community that is, they want strong scents, unbathed for days sorta scents.

i do not like really strong scents, but love subtle, natural scent. When i am sucking a Mans Cock, i will rub my face between His cock and thighs, as well as get His precum on my face. That scent is intoxicating to me, definitely marks me. Even after He has left,, every time i take a breath for hours after, i can smell HIs scent on me and it totally centers me on Him.

i have a Fuck Buddy Who has been breeding me a couple of times a week for 4 years now. He was here a couple of days ago and accidentally left His work t shirt. He does construction and always showers before we cuddle, i love how conscientious He is that way, leaving just His subtle scent. i assumed His shirt would probably be heavily scented with strong smells of hard work, and i was going to launder it for Him and give it back next time i see Him. i held it to my face and took a deep breath before though and was surprised at the wonderful scent He'd left on the shirt. i almost didn't wash it it was so good. But He's not really kinky, not sure how much of my appreciation for Him that He gets lol... He's Bi and i don't wanna overwhelm Him with being crazy about Him, so i washed and folded it to give back to Him when i see Him again. But His scent lingers in my imagination.