Online now
Online now

Heart Profile

Irish123​(dom male)
1 year ago • Apr 14, 2023
Irish123​(dom male) • Apr 14, 2023
1) When you love someone's profile, do you expect them to reach out to you? Or maybe hope they will?
It usually means that I like their profile and I am willing to chat, IF I send an opening chat I state that I am not looking for more than friendship.

2) When you love someone's profile, are you just stating that you like something about their profile and expect nothing in return?
I don't expect anything in return.

3) Do you love other's profile hoping they will return the gesture?
If they see that I loved their profile I hope they would look and mine but I don't expect it.

4) Do you use that function? Or stay clear of it?
I use it sparingly
Miki
Miki • Apr 14, 2023
It's simply this site's version of "Like", which is on Facebook and other social media outlets. Well actually FB has a variety of choices to indicate a positive response to a post or profile, besides just "a thumbs-up"-- But given the nature of this site, the powers that be decided the heart icon to show "love" a given profile/post" was the only option.

I mean it as "like".. if there were multiple options I'd never use "love" or hearts. I would simply use a thumbs-up. Not only because I'm not big on high level emo things, I'd never send heart icons to people I don't know except through conversations in here but will never meet.

As for your other question, as the heart icon and "love" is the only option, there ought not be any expectations either way.

Reply if you want, but it seems most in here realize it's not intended as anything more than a friendly, welcoming greeting or reaction.
Bunnie
Bunnie • Apr 14, 2023
To avoid any potential confusion, I have this “disclaimer” written on my profile:

“ **If I have loved your profile it means that something you’ve written somewhere… forum responses, blogs or your profile itself, really resonated, so, thank you.”
Sophie's secret​(sub female)
I use this feature when seeking a relationship. While there are no expectations, I do hope to receive a response icon_smile.gif

I've been on other sites with gift (pictures) like roses, floggers, etc.. thereby making the givers intentions more clear.
ursa​(sub female)
ursa​(sub female) • Apr 14, 2023
Sophie's secret wrote:
I use this feature when seeking a relationship. While there are no expectations, I do hope to receive a response icon_smile.gif

I've been on other sites with gift (pictures) like roses, floggers, etc.. thereby making the givers intentions more clear.

I kinda enjoy how vague the "heart" feature is here... Like Miki said, it's just the cage's version of "like." A "like" is all that it has to be.... but, there's always the possibility for more. If you want to explore those further possibilities... well, then we have to use our words.

And I appreciate the red and black "heart" aesthetic, but that's just my personal preference!
autisticbarbie
autisticbarbie • Apr 14, 2023
Solace wrote:
It swings from lady to lady. In general I find the majority of likes on my profile are an invitation to chat from a lady who is at least remotely interested.

I would guess and advise that most people especially men interpret it that way. Certainly there are people who do not use it that way, but in my experience they are a small number and sending a message to someone who has loved your profile is rarely a fruitless endevor.

O.K. cool, that is what I was thinking too. I'm not great at interpreting social cues, but I imagined that if you heart a guy's profile and they are remotely interested, they will start hitting on you for romantic purposes. This is why I avoid hearting dudes unless I've communicated with them and I know they are not like that. I use it liberally with the blog posts and forum posts, as well as the ladies though.
MisterAshmodai​(dom male)
1 year ago • Apr 20, 2023
MisterAshmodai​(dom male) • Apr 20, 2023
Simply put, I heart profiles to indicate an interest. If my profile is hearted in kind, I will usually message and see if there is more to build on.
ErosRising​(dom male){Hekate}
1 year ago • Apr 20, 2023
I use it to let the person know that I like what they have in their profile. I don't use it to show "interest" in the person other than "Hey, I like what I read".

Many people use it for different reasons I am sure. just like sending a Message or using Bond.
darlingdiana​(sub female){Protected }
1 year ago • Apr 24, 2023
Way too much overthinking it, It simply means you like that persons profile. Anything beyond that, aka initiation, attraction, interaction etc. are separate issues and optional. It also does not mean they have to be male or female. Erase the heart meaning to you in specific/ personal (love) and consider it a generalized and universal symbol for "like profile".
Notes: are for remembering/reminding you have read it and why you liked it or what stood out, or a warning, or simply a return for someone who enjoyed your profile.
LordofPain56
11 months ago • Apr 30, 2023
LordofPain56 • Apr 30, 2023
All I know is, I keep getting these notifications that so and so LOVES your forum post in such and such a topic.
I think those are all actually inserted by the webmaster or their assistance and that possibly, the person that made the notification is actually a webmaster employee who is instructed to operate the system to increase forum participation. But I am a wild conspiracy theorist, haha.
I might have actually used the LOVE icon on ONE persons profile a couple years ago. Otherwise, I mostly ignore it.
Oh, and that one person did turn out to be a real person, not a robot or a webmaster plant.