Online now
Online now

Let's talk primal

Azzabackam​(switch male){PawPawGirl}
10 months ago • May 5, 2023
To me it's always been the more animalistic side of things.

Bondage, what with the ties and the ceremonies and the artistry and the toys and tools, can be somewhat ritualistic in nature. Primal play is the opposite of this. Primal play is the expression of submission and domination in a wordless, instinctive, basic manner. You'll typically see free use (where a sub consents to their Dom just coming up and taking them at any point in the day, sometimes accompanied by the understanding that the sub isn't to wear clothes that would get in the way of this) walking hand in hand as the most common means of acting out Primal play.

I'd like to point out that by this definition, Primal can seem like... just fucking. And while it's not, in my mind there *is* a distinction to be made, that distinction is subtle and difficult to discern without careful examination of the dynamic at play.

A dynamic of submission and domination is still present in Primal play, even if the submissive partner isn't kneeling and taking orders, or tied to a bed, or being flogged with toys, or any number of more ritualistic practices that most engage in. The sub is still yielding control to their Dom. Just in a more animalistic manner.
I'mME
10 months ago • May 6, 2023
I'mME • May 6, 2023
Azzabackam wrote:

Bondage, what with the ties and the ceremonies and the artistry and the toys and tools, can be somewhat ritualistic in nature. Primal play is the opposite of this. Primal play is the expression of submission and domination in a wordless, instinctive, basic manner. You'll typically see free use (where a sub consents to their Dom just coming up and taking them at any point in the day, sometimes accompanied by the understanding that the sub isn't to wear clothes that would get in the way of this) walking hand in hand as the most common means of acting out Primal play.

I'd like to point out that by this definition, Primal can seem like... just fucking. And while it's not, in my mind there *is* a distinction to be made, that distinction is subtle and difficult to discern without careful examination of the dynamic at play.

A dynamic of submission and domination is still present in Primal play, even if the submissive partner isn't kneeling and taking orders, or tied to a bed, or being flogged with toys, or any number of more ritualistic practices that most engage in. The sub is still yielding control to their Dom. Just in a more animalistic manner.

Your post is based on D/s dynamics.
I have a primal side to my personality. I used to enjoy the occasional hunt. I can't put descriptive terms as to what I was hunting for, but if I ran across it, or they ran across me, a meeting if the eyes across a room would charge the air.

Conversation was very little and I loved it. Back to your post, I'm not sure if both parties are primal there can be someone swept up in the D and the s.

I'm also not sure how it would work in a situation in which (D/s) one or the other is not Primal.
I agree with those here who say Primal is part of our personality, and for me, I need to have my partner coming with the same fire. Otherwise it becomes some role play which I like that , however Primal is NOT ROLE PLAY WITH ME.

I used to think something was wrong with me, lol, .... 🤣😂
EdenS
7 months ago • Aug 7, 2023

This was perfectly said and so useful to me.

EdenS • Aug 7, 2023
Azzabackam wrote:

SaraPrentice
SaraPrentice • Aug 7, 2023
Does snapping my teeth in the air - only happens when I’m starting to feel close to cumming while being fucked intensely, and I’m trying to control how close to the edge I get but the fucking is taking that option away from me - … is that primal? I don’t want to bite anybody. But damn, when it’s good like that, maybe with a bit of consensual pain, I absolutely have to bare my lip and snap my teeth from the passion of it. Is that primal? Or maybe … just weird … lol.
Smooches68
Smooches68 • Aug 7, 2023
speaking from one that’s been bitten so hard it’s left teethmark scars in my shoulders, my neck, my lats , omg I’ve never come so hard in my life ! I shit myself
DarkDaddyDom
DarkDaddyDom • Aug 7, 2023
It is a very broad kink! Pretty sure there is a great magazine article here on the site that covers the bases pretty well!