Online now
Online now

Email improvements

Satindragon
9 months ago • Jul 9, 2023

Email improvements

Satindragon • Jul 9, 2023
Is there anyway to add folders to our email. There are some that I would like to keep.
aPeepingMom​(sub female)
aPeepingMom​(sub female) • Jul 9, 2023
And threaded messages that are grouped together. For the love of cheese, please put the messages from the same person together as one. πŸ§€πŸ™πŸ»πŸ§€
    The most loved post in topic
Cage Monkey​(staff)
Cage Monkey​(staff) • Jul 9, 2023
Thank you for caring, reaching out and sharing!

While we don't have folders yet, there's an option to flag a message (by clicking on the flag icon) and then there's a 'flagged' tab that let you see all those messages you have tagged.

And while we don't show all messages from a person together in the inbox, there's a "Conversation History" that has a chat icon - that will take you to a page with a list of list of all messages with that peer.. It's also reachable from the profile pages. We can improve the UI for this.
boundforlove​(sub male)
boundforlove​(sub male) • Jul 9, 2023
Cage Monkey wrote:

While we don't have folders yet, there's an option to flag a message (by clicking on the flag icon) and then there's a 'flagged' tab that let you see all those messages you have tagged.

And while we don't show all messages from a person together in the inbox, there's a "Conversation History" that has a chat icon - that will take you to a page with a list of list of all messages with that peer.. It's also reachable from the profile pages. We can improve the UI for this.

Ooooh, is that what the flag is for? I always assumed it was a report button like on other websites. Good to know, but maybe it should be changed to a star or something as to not be confused.
aPeepingMom​(sub female)
aPeepingMom​(sub female) • Jul 9, 2023
Cage Monkey wrote:

I appreciate the suggestion, although it does not take care of the cluttered inbox. When I delete messages in my inbox because I’ve already responded to them, it also deletes it from the conversation history. So all I see are my replies.

This is the #1 reason I don’t like communicating 1:1 with people in The Cage. πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ
Satindragon
Satindragon • Jul 9, 2023
@cage monkey

The flagged option only works for premium members.
Miki
9 months ago • Jul 12, 2023
Miki • Jul 12, 2023
boundforlove wrote:
Cage Monkey wrote:

Ooooh, is that what the flag is for? I always assumed it was a report button like on other websites. Good to know, but maybe it should be changed to a star or something as to not be confused.

Same here. I assumed "flag" was a report of an undesired message and moderation looks at those and acts as needed. A flag everwhere else I've been on, or (quite some time ago) a site I was a Mod for--

Good to know a keeper message can be 'flagged" and that means its easier to find amid various flotsam that I (for example) simply have not gotten around to deleting.