Online now
Online now

Where to find toys?

MsLas​(sub female)
9 months ago • Jul 12, 2023
MsLas​(sub female) • Jul 12, 2023
Implements and leather goods
- Tractor supply stores are good places to find crops, leather belts and straps, electrical implements and other fun things for a much cheaper price than fetish stores or even Amazon.

- Garden nurseries are great for getting canes made of natural material for significantly less than kink retailers.

Rope and suspension equipment
- My favorite jute rope is from BondageRope online. Both of the Riggers I bottom for prefer this rope. It’s light, smooth, almost stretchy and has a kind of lively energy to it when you tie with it, if that makes sense. It also photographs well. 🙂 Shipping is fast. And their rope butter is really good for conditioning your rope… it’s like a hybrid between rope oil and wax.

- I also really like ESINEM for rope. Their Clara Premium jute is my favorite of the three they offer. It has a soft feel to it that I haven’t found anywhere else… it does make me worry about durability which is one of the reasons I chose BondageRope’s jute as my go to. Their linen hemp is my favorite hemp rope. It has just a hint of the scent people love about hemp but not so much that it’s really noticeable. It holds frictions amazingly well, and that constriction paired with the weight hemp rope carries, creates a nice soothing feeling for the bottom. Their rope oil is really good too. And their shipping is surprisingly fast considering it’s coming from France and has to go through customs.

- For posh, I like ESINEM and BondageRope, in that order. The ESINEM posh is soft, smooth, has a sheen similar to nylon but still has teeth. BondageRope’s looks like jute and has a lot of teeth.

- For nylon, I like KnotHead (great feel, UV rope is hit or miss) and Chromaknotz (gorgeous colors, good prices, small business). I’ve also heard good things about DyeAddictRope, but don’t have any myself.

- Carabiners I get from REI. I bought my swivel and rigging plates from Amazon… only buy ones that have the load rating printed on the equipment itself.

- I bought some bamboo conductive rope and my honeycomb suspension ring from KinbakuStudio on Etsy. The rope worked well with a violet wand and they sell it at a really good price compared to others I’ve seen. I haven’t used the suspension ring yet.

- I also have bamboo rope, both conductive and regular, from TwistedMonk. It’s incredibly soft and feels amazing for both the bottom and the top, in my opinion. I love touching it. And the conductive bamboo is very effective, more so than the rope from KinbakuStudio. They also have some nice dyed hemp rope. The smell is pretty heavy though… I even store it separately from my other rope. And it takes a good 10-14 days before the rope is shipped, so plan accordingly.

Miscellaneous
- SharpPointedThings on Etsy has lots of fun, little sadistic items. I know several people who’ve recommended their products and I’ve been on the receiving end of their shibari rope thorn.

- Thepaddleman on Etsy makes lovely, high quality leather items.

- Doxy vibrators are my favorite. They’re expensive but totally worth it.

- I got my violet wand from violetwands online. I chose the solid state violet wand kit. It includes the hand attachment and the saturator rod, both of which are necessary for more intense electrical play. Personally, I wouldn’t have very many glass attachments… I find them to be more for show than anything else.

- I bought my TENS unit from Amazon. It works but it’s not intense enough for me and is more trouble than it’s worth, in my opinion. My play partner (who teaches robotics) believes there are good applications for it, we just haven’t found them yet. I’m not sure I agree but if he wants to experiment on me with it, I’m game. It’s for science, right? 😉

Thank you for starting the thread. I hope someone finds this info helpful. And I’ll be following to see what others recommend. 🙂
    The most loved post in topic
Miki
Miki • Jul 12, 2023
That's a new one for me.. Tractor Supply for whips, crops, ane electrical thingys... Somehow whips and crops for farm animals don't bake my cookies.... and electrical... Not digging cattle prods.

But I could be making excess generalities.

The only time I went into a Tractor Supply outlet was to get my 20# propane tank refilled.
MsLas​(sub female)
MsLas​(sub female) • Jul 12, 2023
I never would have thought to go there either, but I’ve seen some of the most effective, highest quality implements come from these stores for $30 or less. 🙂 Not the poorly made, faux leather items you can get from any fetish shop. As a masochist that enjoys impact, I don’t care if it has XOXO stitched on it and looks pretty, I want it to hurt as as my Top intended. 🥰

Cattle prods would be the extreme (not a fan either)… I was thinking more along the lines of a zapper (TENS units are more intense).
DoseofCam​(sub female){Owned}
Woah everyone here gave great suggestions!!

Since I’m a broke girly and on a budget Lol
I was going to suggest Walmart or Target!

They got okay toy collections!!

Also CVS be getting a little something something as well!
tallslenderguy​(other male)
Amazon has a ton of toys available from cheap and inexpensive to over priced.

Or do a google and let your computer do the work of suggesting resources. i just typed "sex toys" in my google search engine and got: "About 1,390,000,000 results (0.67 seconds)"
tallslenderguy​(other male)
fet·ish
noun
a form of sexual desire in which gratification is strongly linked to a particular object or activity or a part of the body other than the sexual organs.
"a man with a fetish for surgical masks"

As others have suggested, depending on ones needs and desires, a "sex shop" (online or irl) may not always be the best resource. If one is into bondage, for instance, a camping/hiking/mountain climbing venue may prove a better resource? Or a medfet, medical supply house, etc..
If i have a shoe fetish, prolly going to be better served at a shoe store than a sex shop.
House Talion​(dom male)
9 months ago • Jul 13, 2023
House Talion​(dom male) • Jul 13, 2023
Tools are used ON you.
Toys are used IN you.

I make wood and leather Tools, and any event with vendors has no problem sharing their contact info. If ya gonna buy then keep it local/ mom n pop.