Online now
Online now

sub book club

SirsBabyDoll​(sub female){Pizza+☕}
9 months ago • Jul 16, 2023
I didn't finish it and because life got in the way, I never picked it back up after the first couple of days.

I live with and work with, multiple transgender people and so the information about being cis-gendered and interacting with trans people was helpful. That being said, while I appreciated it, it felt as if the book was going to be focused SOLELY on transpeople to the exclusion of heterosexuals. For a chapter or two, I thought I was reading a book meant for the LGBTQ+ community.

Because I was both sheltered and NOT sheltered, depending on the parent, I could at least appreciate the different perspective but it wasn't what I was expecting.

That being said, it seemed to run on the perspective that everyone WANTED to show off their body to the world or wanted to have casual/multiple partners and that those who didn't, weren't comfortable with their bodies, had poor sex, never masterbate, and were looking to change that.
jkillaaa​(sub female)
jkillaaa​(sub female) • Jul 16, 2023
fluffypoppet wrote:
[Quietly raises hand] …was very sheltered. As a teen my internet use was also monitored heavily.

That’s what I was trying to get at.. this book would probably be useful for someone in the position you were in as a teenager.
EpicParker​(sub female)
EpicParker​(sub female) • Jul 16, 2023
I read this book about a year and a half ago. The author is a sex educator. It’s a very basic book with basic knowledge. Nothing in the book was new to me when I read it and I wasted my time. This book is fine for those who didn’t have any sex education in their life. I would rate this book as a 1 on a scale of 10. I will probably sell the book at a yard sale on the young adult table. This book isn’t for those who have a lot of knowledge/background in sex education.
jkillaaa​(sub female)
jkillaaa​(sub female) • Jul 16, 2023
Submissive Wish wrote:
Ordered Ashes of Her Love, looking forward to it.
Will there be a new thread for that or will that discussion be here?

Good question. I’m sure Miss Poppet will let us know when the time comes. 😊
Miki
9 months ago • Jul 17, 2023
Miki • Jul 17, 2023
I just wanted to drop two pennies in the till, mostly to echo what Kyiv wrote on the first page.

While (when active) I was big into sexuality-- the bulk of my very casual relationships over the years -- but I was never into reading about it.

But that's just me. Nothing wrong with enjoying that genre, yet nothing wrong with taking a pass on it.

Just dropping two pennies into the till.