Online now
Online now

Do you consider Hypnosis edgeplay? Why or why not?

Vega
7 months ago • Sep 13, 2023

Do you consider Hypnosis edgeplay? Why or why not?

Vega • Sep 13, 2023
I’ve heard a lot of different viewpoints on this topic. Hypnosis when used in kink can be very enticing, however some people believe it counts as edgeplay. I personally think it is sort of a gray area, and it entirely depends on what the dom/me and their submissive are doing, however I want to hear your opinions.
Bunnie
7 months ago • Sep 14, 2023
Bunnie • Sep 14, 2023
I love everything to do with the mind, especially in regards to kink, so hypnosis does hold an area of interest for me… although I know very little about it, and haven’t explored at all within it’s realms.

Do I consider it to be edgeplay?

Good question. Yes.

Why?
Because when I sit back and consider the things I believe to be edgeplay, they all have common factors. Necessary skills and knowledge needed, responsibility, risk awareness.

Yes, every type of play requires these things to a degree. Whether it be playing with the body, or the mind, I think the factors of what we’re doing need to be recognised. The mind is very uncharted territory, and damage (past or present) doesn’t show up as easily as a bruise or a broken bone. Jumping in to play around in there can do some very serious harm if not approached with care and skill (and even with care and skill, it still can).

Any type of play can result in harm. For me it’s about mitigating risk as much as possible, and having “safeguards” in place that allow for that. In edgeplay we’re more likely to be stepping into areas that can have hidden minefields… especially in regards to the mind.
Satindragon
Satindragon • Sep 14, 2023
I normally don't respond to blogs or forum post regarding hypnosis. I have had both good and bad experiences within that realm.

It is in my opinion edge play. Especially if the person inducing the hypnosis is not a train professional. Or if the receiver has not taken the time to actually understand all the possibilities.

There are many negatives and long term damage that can be done by some amateur looking to fast track his control.

Hypnosis is primarily done through the power of suggestions to your subconscious mind. When done right it can help people stop smoking, loose weight, control weight, and cum on command. Long distance play can be done with simply a word.

The mind is a delicate organ. There are those who use covert hypnosis. Which is the act of telling you they are going to suggest one thing then they actually do something different.

My suggestion is to stay away from this type of play unless the person is a trained professional with the credentials to prove it. Trust me covert hypnosis can cause a lifetime of demons.
    The most loved post in topic
TopekaDom​(dom male)
TopekaDom​(dom male) • Sep 14, 2023
Personally, I never got the idea of hypnosis, as far as lifestyle play. Now mind you, I've never done it or even seen it done in real life. All my experience comes from Hollywood, and I know it doesn't really work THAT way.

But still, why?

I want an s type to come to me fully prepared mentally. Fully willing mentally. She wants to do what I want to do of her own free will, not because someone set up secret instructions somewhere deep in her brain.

To me, that is not submission.
TwoRingsOneChain

Re: Do you consider Hypnosis edgeplay? Why or why not?

TwoRingsOneChain • Sep 14, 2023
Vega wrote:
I’ve heard a lot of different viewpoints on this topic. Hypnosis when used in kink can be very enticing, however some people believe it counts as edgeplay. I personally think it is sort of a gray area, and it entirely depends on what the dom/me and their submissive are doing, however I want to hear your opinions.

I know very little about hypnosis, but what I do know is enough to make me not want to do it. Just the idea of someone putting a trigger word into my mind without me knowing about it is enough to stop me

It would take me a long time to trust anyone enough even if I was with someone, for me to willingly allow that to happen
tallslenderguy​(other male)
Hypnosis has long held fascination and appeal to me. i love the power dynamic that can happen in a relationship of opposites, and the idea of hypnosis to me is both appealing and scary for the same reason: trust. To allow it suggests a strong bond of trust in the relationship. At the same time, giving up ones autonomy to another flawed human being always has the potential for violating that same trust.

To me, one thing that distinguishes an intimate relationship from a more casual one is mind fuck. my bottom/sub nature want/need the creative, controlling energy that i perceive as "Dom/Top." Things like penetration, fucking, orgasm, seeding/impregnation (to name a few), are not just physical acts for me, but can all include the mind. So i see hypnosis as accessory that can be incorporated as part of that dynamic.

i did a quick search for evidence based info regarding hypnosis, here's what i came up with (this is by no means exhaustive info):

"Key Facts:

1). Hypnotized individuals retain control over their actions and can resist hypnotic suggestions.
2).Hypnosis should not be misconstrued as a “special state” but is more accurately a set of procedures used to modulate awareness, perception, and cognition.
3). Despite widespread belief, the ability to administer hypnotic methods does not require special skills beyond those required for basic social interactions and clinical procedures."

https://neurosciencenews.com/hypnosis-myths-23607/#:~:text=Contrary%20to%20the%20myth%20that,procedure%20modulating%20awareness%20and%20cognition.
Yuan​(dom female)
Yuan​(dom female) • Sep 14, 2023
tallslenderguy wrote:
Hypnosis has long held fascination and appeal to me. i love the power dynamic that can happen in a relationship of opposites, and the idea of hypnosis to me is both appealing and scary for the same reason: trust. To allow it suggests a strong bond of trust in the relationship. At the same time, giving up ones autonomy to another flawed human being always has the potential for violating that same trust.

"Key Facts:

1). Hypnotized individuals retain control over their actions and can resist hypnotic suggestions.
2).Hypnosis should not be misconstrued as a “special state” but is more accurately a set of procedures used to modulate awareness, perception, and cognition.
3). Despite widespread belief, the ability to administer hypnotic methods does not require special skills beyond those required for basic social interactions and clinical procedures."

https://neurosciencenews.com/hypnosis-myths-23607/#:~:text=Contrary%20to%20the%20myth%20that,procedure%20modulating%20awareness%20and%20cognition.

I know very little about hypnosis . But anything regarding mind is fascinating to me.

I have asked a psychologist regarding Hypnosis. And it matches with the facts stated by @tallslenderguy.
Hypnotized individuals retain control over their actions and can resist hypnotic suggestions.

In my opinion it's edgeplay cause as far as I know in Hypnosis, you hear or see a thing repeatedly that seems to ingrain itself in your consciousess. Like if you are surrounded by negativity all day , subconsciously will start being pessimistic. So it may affect your life .
And if someone misuses the trust and suggest something you didn't want or agree to begin with, it's unlikely that you will do it but as someone mentioned here Mind is a delicate organ so it's better to be careful.
autisticbarbie
autisticbarbie • Sep 14, 2023
This is a really great post. I am personally highly suspicious of people trying to hypnotize me unless I'm paying them to achieve a behavioral goal that benefits me. That's just me and my paranoia though and am not kink shaming. Hypnosis has helped me a ton over the years and it is indeed very powerful.

Satindragon wrote:
I normally don't respond to blogs or forum post regarding hypnosis. I have had both good and bad experiences within that realm.

It is in my opinion edge play. Especially if the person inducing the hypnosis is not a train professional. Or if the receiver has not taken the time to actually understand all the possibilities.

There are many negatives and long term damage that can be done by some amateur looking to fast track his control.

Hypnosis is primarily done through the power of suggestions to your subconscious mind. When done right it can help people stop smoking, loose weight, control weight, and cum on command. Long distance play can be done with simply a word.

The mind is a delicate organ. There are those who use covert hypnosis. Which is the act of telling you they are going to suggest one thing then they actually do something different.

My suggestion is to stay away from this type of play unless the person is a trained professional with the credentials to prove it. Trust me covert hypnosis can cause a lifetime of demons.
I'mME
7 months ago • Sep 15, 2023
I'mME • Sep 15, 2023
TopekaDom wrote:
Personally, I never got the idea of hypnosis, as far as lifestyle play. Now mind you, I've never done it or even seen it done in real life. All my experience comes from Hollywood, and I know it doesn't really work THAT way.

But still, why?

I want an s type to come to me fully prepared mentally. Fully willing mentally. She wants to do what I want to do of her own free will, not because someone set up secret instructions somewhere deep in her brain.

To me, that is not submission.

Topeka,

This ☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️ your comment is my philosophy too.
My thinking on hypnosis, punishments, 10K rules, to sum it up, are things that get in the way of Authority transfer.

If someone speaks to my submissiveness and we are compatible then trust is built and these other things are not necessary. (these 2 concepts do not necessarily follow each other, ppl do not understand that.)

Someone mentioned speeding up the control, it would be a false control. One that a submissive did arrive at on their own..

Similar to growth hormones that are used on vegetables. Yes they get to mature growth quickly, but at what cost?

Why use hypnosis to dabble when if a relationship is based a good foundation, then the submissive will naturally get to the location.

And if someone has the credentials, then they should not be using in a personal relationship.