Online now
Online now

The Moderation on this Website is Bizarre

Miss Anima​(dom female)
7 months ago • Sep 19, 2023
Miss Anima​(dom female) • Sep 19, 2023
Outing predators in the lifestyle should always be at the forefront,
Dont take much stock in any site that doesn't do or allow something so important.
I chalk it up to those same predators are probably also paying members so its easier to let the sh-t bags stick around.
I'mME
7 months ago • Sep 20, 2023
I'mME • Sep 20, 2023
Little Mel wrote:
I agree. I had a friend warn me in a private message of an unsafe guy on this site. I mean, in person meetup that went horribly wrong. Her account was gone within 24 hours. You literally can't mention any usernames at all, which makes me very uncomfortable. I'm still here for the information and hopes that I'll find what I'm looking for, but I also know that no one will help me if anything goes wrong.

I don't think The Cage monitors private messages. If that were the case, many ppl here would not use the mail system.
tallslenderguy​(other male)
7 months ago • Sep 20, 2023
i've been part of The Cage community for about 4 years, i've only been moderated once when i posted something in the forum that was deemed more appropriate as a blog post. i was given time to copy and paste it as a blog before it was disappeared.

As to the one specific question about about a blog being deleted for mentioning both your current and former screen name, i cannot guess why that would be, but i'd ask. i've found it easy to engage with the moderator and never had any issues or perceived bias, but that's just one persons (mine) experience.

i do imagine moderating on a site like this would be a challenge, to say the least. So many individuals with individual histories, experiences, wants and needs. There has to be general rules/guidelines to manage, and it makes sense to me that offense is going to happen. i do think it is inadvertent though.

i'd be interested in reading views on the specific instances of bias, maybe start a thread on the topic? Discussions like that have helped me identify some of my own bias over time. i think a lot of culturally conditioned bias flies under the radar and is inadvertent vs purposeful. Of course, there is outright, purposeful prejudice, but i do not personally get the feeling that The Cage actively or purposely engages in prejudice.
    The most loved post in topic
Miki
7 months ago • Sep 21, 2023
Miki • Sep 21, 2023
Little Mel wrote:
I agree. I had a friend warn me in a private message of an unsafe guy on this site. I mean, in person meetup that went horribly wrong. Her account was gone within 24 hours. You literally can't mention any usernames at all, which makes me very uncomfortable. I'm still here for the information and hopes that I'll find what I'm looking for, but I also know that no one will help me if anything goes wrong.

Only half the story here. Mentioning usernames in PMs never led me to grief, and I have been in here a few years. They don't read PMs unless one were to report an unsafe PM. Not being allowed to mention usernames on a public post.. is a very good thing. Saves a lot of mud.

aaaand.... since that account was deleted, and I presume no one has external means of communicating with that individual, who's to say said individual didn't delete it of her own accord?

There is another person who was here, was somewhat active on the forums and was in a PM convo with me who up and closed her account out of the blue.

I just shrug my shoulders and move on. I make no deep investments here or anywhere else in social media land.

Through it all, we're all ships passing in the night.
aPeepingMom​(sub female)
7 months ago • Sep 21, 2023
aPeepingMom​(sub female) • Sep 21, 2023
I'mME wrote:
I don't think The Cage monitors private messages. If that were the case, many ppl here would not use the mail system.

I agree, I don't think they monitor PMs because I've mentioned names a time or two.

But back to the subject line - yeah - the moderation on this site is bizarre. I just had my first slap on the hand because I posted a screenshot of a PM - even though I made sure to edit all identifying info. I reposted without the screenshot and made sure to check that I wasn't violating the code of conduct in other ways. If it's removed then I will ask for a detailed explanation of exactly what and why.