Online now
Online now

BDSM is....

TopekaDom​(dom male)
7 months ago • Sep 13, 2023

BDSM is....

TopekaDom​(dom male) • Sep 13, 2023
In a recent blog post, They posted a meme talking about what BDSM is.

Of course it listed traits that should be what BDSM is about:
Trust
Communication
Honesty,
and Respect

Oh the things that meme missed:

First and foremost, Duty
Not just the s type to the Dom/me but the Dom/me to others. You need to defend those that can't defend themselves. You have to help when needed, not just the wounded dove subs and slaves, but the Dom/mes who need it. Be it education or a shoulder to lean on, we owe it to others to help out when they need it.

Secondly, Honor
Again, not just the sub to the Dom/me but from the Dom/me to the s type. When we take someone under our wing, we owe it to them to see to their well being. Their duty to us deserves a response. We owe them no less. We also should Honor other Dom/mes for the effort they put in. They also deserve no less
    The most loved post in topic
Bunnie
7 months ago • Sep 13, 2023
Bunnie • Sep 13, 2023
Nicely said, Topeka icon_smile.gif
Notely
7 months ago • Sep 17, 2023
Notely • Sep 17, 2023
Good Read. Look out for others with out force
Sincorrigible​(sub female)
7 months ago • Sep 21, 2023

Re: BDSM is....

Sincorrigible​(sub female) • Sep 21, 2023
TopekaDom wrote:

Secondly, Honor
Again, not just the sub to the Dom/me but from the Dom/me to the s type. When we take someone under our wing, we owe it to them to see to their well being. Their duty to us deserves a response. We owe them no less. We also should Honor other Dom/mes for the effort they put in. They also deserve no less

TD, I'm not clear on what you mean here. Could you please elaborate on how what you're illustrating here is different to respect?
TopekaDom​(dom male)

Re: BDSM is....

TopekaDom​(dom male) • Sep 21, 2023
Sincorrigible wrote:
TopekaDom wrote:

Secondly, Honor

TD, I'm not clear on what you mean here. Could you please elaborate on how what you're illustrating here is different to respect?

Mainly it deals with how we should respect our property and friendship.

When we take responsibility for someone, we have to show high regard for them. Even if they want to be treated as trash and spit upon by us, to others we have to show they mean a great deal to us. They may be trash, but goddammit they are OUR trash.

We also have to have the backs of other Dom/mes. At least those we trust and respect. We can't leave them to fend for themselves when they need help.
Sincorrigible​(sub female)
Sincorrigible​(sub female) • Sep 21, 2023
Thanks TD...

I had to check dictionary version of honour. And it does literally mean extreme respect. So that makes sense now. Thank you.

And perhaps in our world, we codify it a little. Eg in your story.
I'mME
7 months ago • Sep 24, 2023
I'mME • Sep 24, 2023
Topeka,

There is not one thing i could add to your post. Your thoughts are what I would i would say are on my need list.