Online now
Online now

Ownership

Miki
7 months ago • Sep 23, 2023
Miki • Sep 23, 2023
TopekaDom wrote:
Well from an Old School view, BEING collared meant being owned. The thing was understanding, back then, what wearing a collar meant to someone.

These days it is simple an ornament. A fashion statement.

In my viewpoint, One does not become a Master until one has property. Until they take the responsibility of Ownership of someone, they are simply Dom/me.

To me: Ownership means Protection, Care, Education, Interaction, and Love. (There is more but it is early here) .

But there is one thing that it really means and that is Responsibility. If you are going to want to look cool by owning someone, you have to take care of them. You need to be responsible for AND to them. I find today, this is the main failure of being own.
Sincorrigible​(sub female)
7 months ago • Sep 27, 2023
Sincorrigible​(sub female) • Sep 27, 2023
I always just think, 'great, you've found your happy with someone, and you can define it how you wish'. Cos I can guarantee their definition of owned is different to mine, and others.

I got tired a longgggggggg time ago of people playing one-upmanship with their good/better/best definitions of ds/ms/sub vs slave, etc etc. The number of arguments about how ds was a superior kind of thing to vanilla. The 'our relationship is so much deeper /stronger cos I'm owned' types. And then watching said ownee walking away in nine months....

I think it's all a load of bollocks and it's all about people, two people, creating what is right for them. You can call it what you wish, and create what you wish. If certain terms make it better and deeper and more symbolic for you, all the better.

There are loads of people, for example, that would tell me, 'you say you're old school, but how can you be when you're married to one man, and looking to be devoted to another/owned by another?' but if it makes sense to me, to the men I'm involved with, what does it matter?