Online now
Online now

To Chase or not to Chase

aPeepingMom​(sub female)
6 months ago • Oct 15, 2023
aPeepingMom​(sub female) • Oct 15, 2023
LordofPain56 wrote:
They too would ask for these laws and permission to worship the one true God also and be converted. (Surrender).
See the similarity?

No, unfortunately I do not see the similarity. Me surrendering control to my Dom is absolutely nothing like surrendering to God in the Old Testament.

I appreciate that you may view D/s in that way, but I do not.
TopekaDom​(dom male)
6 months ago • Oct 15, 2023
TopekaDom​(dom male) • Oct 15, 2023
LordofPain56 wrote:
BTW, the modern idea of learning through good example performed by others also originates in those passages.

Yeah.

No.
tallslenderguy​(other male)
6 months ago • Oct 19, 2023
Love the question TopekaDom, thanks for posting it.

And wow, some beautiful responses, a joy to read, lot's of resonating going on inside of me.

To me, chasing or being chased is secondary to openness, vulnerability (bows to Bunnie). Which, i believe, is important to have on both sides of the slash.

To me, knowing how and when to be open and vulnerable is a mark of maturity. i think it immature to wear ones heart on their sleeve for any and all, that it's an ongoing challenge of human relationship to know when, where and how much. I.e., i think it never ends, that openness and vulnerability is a practice.

As i see it, Top, Dom is wired to chase, bottom, sub is wired to be pursued. i think what often thwarts, what i perceive as those natural drives, is a lack of balance of openness and vulnerability.

i read apeepingmom's explanation: "I don't want to be conquered, I want to surrender," and add a resounding YES!!. i surrender to an open vulnerable expression of need. Need hidden behind force gets a wall from me too.