Online now
Online now

Brats of the times

House Talion​(dom male)
6 months ago • Nov 3, 2023

Brats of the times

House Talion​(dom male) • Nov 3, 2023
It used to be, as when my grandparents were young, that a brat was commonly also referred to as the town whore. Within my parents time the brat was referred to as a simple bitch or slut and of my time they were the constantly misbehaving Littles that loved to test boundaries and limits for the initial reaction and most commonly known for such attitudes by their enjoyment of being 'punished.

So why is bit that of recent times are ppl referring to brats with the dominant role? I've seen countless posts and adds on other sites seeking a brat to do stuff to them kind of thing. So has the brat through the times actually acquired the air of dominance or is this lifestyle simply getting flooded once again by too many idiots that are simply using it to literally get off?
TopekaDom​(dom male)
TopekaDom​(dom male) • Nov 3, 2023
While I am fairly well knows as someone who is not overly fond of brats, I am not so sure that equating them to prostitutes is reasonable thing.

Yes there are those who just seek the physical side of things within the lifestyle, and yes, there are those who just seek attention for attention sake.

But they are not all brats. Nor do all brats act in that fashion.

Some of those outside the collar act in the ways mentioned above. Do we call them "Dom/me Brats"?
Miki
Miki • Nov 3, 2023
All I can say is I never saw it in that context.

But words change meaning across generations or even a matter of a few years. "Sick" is defined as "possessed of a moderate to severe illness"--- but some use it to mean something beyond great.

I call myself an unrepentant brat because I am mischievous and a smart-ass with a limited filter.

I was that way when I was BDSM active. I still am but as I keep to myself the vast majority of time there's no one to be bratty at. So I'm just a smart-ass.
TopekaDom​(dom male)
I also want to point out that being a sex worker is not always a bad thing.

In the times the OP talked about, women (and sometimes men) were forced into prostitution for a number of reasons. Lack of money, lack of employable skills, being mistreated by others in their life, amoung other things. Stupid religious people then bad mouthed them and shunned them and waved their silly bibles around saying how bad it was.

Sex workers would not have a job if there wasn't men (and some women) willing to pay for it.

It is a two (or more) sided operation.
TopekaDom​(dom male)
Purĕ wrote:
Now I know, why You don't like me 😢🫣🙄🤐

I like you in spite of that.

That should say something
House Talion​(dom male)
House Talion​(dom male) • Nov 3, 2023
Of the few comments I don't think y'all are grasping the context of the timeliness in recognition of the history of the term brat. Yes the original brat was a sex worker, but the history given shows a progression of the term and questions "why is it that of recent times are ppl referring to brats with the dominant role?"
TopekaDom​(dom male)
Dude, I've got almost years on you and never in my life have I heard the word Brat in association with prostitution.

Never.

I grew up in the buckle of the bible belt and all I have ever heard is the a brat being defined as spoiled or rotten or self absorbed. Nothing ever came across any sexual connotation.

Now I was called a brat a few times by my Grandfather. He was a hard ass who grew up in the 20s and 30s. He was also a butcher during the war. So I doubt very much he was calling is grandson a prostitute.
Purĕ​(sub female){♥︎loved}
Now I even googled and didn't found anything about the tern "Brat" being used back in the day in the way You described.

all I find is stuff like this:

The term “brat” has been a part of BDSM culture for at least a few decades. It’s believed to have originated around the 1980s and was initially used to describe someone who was subversive or non-compliant. Over time, the meaning of the word has evolved to encompass a broader range of personalities and behaviors, sometimes including those who enjoy being playful rather than outright disobedient.

Some people in the BDSM community use the term “brat” as a way to reclaim power and control in their relationships. By embracing the label and exhibiting bratty behavior, they are able to assert themselves and challenge their dominant partner in a consensual and playful way.
This term is often used to describe someone who enjoys pushing boundaries, challenging authority, and playing the role of a mischievous or rebellious sub. In this article, we will explore the various meanings and implications of the word “brat,” and discuss how it can be used in role-playing and power exchange relationships.

And reading this, I might be right about seeing a brat as "dom/me" due to topping from the bottom.

And thats hilarious.

I wanna be addressed as "Misstress sub Pure" from now on!
    The most loved post in topic