Online now
Online now

What Is A Common Misconception About You?

Miki
5 months ago • Nov 13, 2023

One week later because I don't often return to threads

Miki • Nov 13, 2023
LordofPain56 wrote:
People who had known me at work could obviously see that I am confident, efficient, knowledgable, dependable and turn out a good work product. They would probably see me as an alpha type.
Outside of work, I am the same way, so I would suspect those also see me as an alpha.
The misconception; I do not look the part at all. So people who don't know me would probably assume that I am passive at least. It never bothered me what people think. I am using the best of what God gave me to bear good fruit.
The good news....no one has ever confronted me to ask if I would sub for them.

I would never make such an assumption as you do not appear to fit that description. Instead I would have the misconception that you're a time-worn old car in need of recycling.

(JK-- I don't see many around here but I'm OK with fossils on wheels. In the summer one can see a parade of blasts-from-the-past on I-91 headed off to an antique car show. So a more accurate perception of you is that you're likely an antique guy.)
tmo50nv​(sub male)
4 months ago • Dec 4, 2023
tmo50nv​(sub male) • Dec 4, 2023
My name is Terry O'Flaherty and I'm from Boston. So once people find this out about me? I have to first out drink them, then fight them?

It's true, when I was in the military people challenged me to fights all the time.

Of course I had already and quite convincingly out drank them, and would end up winning the fight.
fluffypoppet​(sub female){Protected}
Things that are true. I am:
- sensitive
- kind
- obedient
- gentle
- a good listener
- a good communicator
- patient
- thoughtful
- empathetic
- sweet
- fun
- clever (at least thatā€™s what Iā€™m told)

But that doesnā€™t mean I am always:
- easy
- uncomplicated
- forgiving
It is assumed, I think that I am those things tooā€¦

I strive to beā€¦ but thereā€™s a big gap between trying to be something and actually being it. Iā€™m not sure I will ever manage to be easy enough for some. I also think people who desire convenience simply arenā€™t for me.
Innocent Me​(sub female){Protected}
Misconceptions....

I am an innocent little girl. I look younger than I am and people shield me from things like curse words...all the while the things going through my head would probably scare all of them off. lol

I never have bad days. In person I enjoy brightening people's days...so I'm happy, giggly, bubbly and I've been asked many times 'Do you ever have a bad day? You're always smiling!'

That I'm not as adventurous as I tell people. Will you do this? Yes. Would you try that? Yes. What about....YES. I love exploring in all aspects of my life and I'm a very curious person.

I am a weak person because I am calm, forgiving and kind. It's not easy, I make the choice every morning when I wake up to be kind and forgiving. People see my forgiveness as a weakness...I should hold grudges and make the people who hurt me suffer like I did. I'm not an angry person, but that does not make me weak.
Varangian​(dom male)
Varangian​(dom male) • Dec 4, 2023
Random Male wrote:
I'm a Floridian. I'll just go ahead and let y'all fill in the blanks. Even more fun! Guessing which ones are true!

Got to admit ā€œFlorida Manā€ in the news keeps me laughing and sometimes shocked. What did all the poor gators do ā€œFlorida Manā€ to be treated in such a bad manner.
Varangian​(dom male)
That I am a sarcastic, psychopath, devil worshiping, drunk, monster of a veteran.
Which is crazy because I donā€™t drink or worship the devil.
Random Male​(dom male)
Random Male​(dom male) • Dec 4, 2023
Varangian wrote:
Random Male wrote:
I'm a Floridian. I'll just go ahead and let y'all fill in the blanks. Even more fun! Guessing which ones are true!

Got to admit ā€œFlorida Manā€ in the news keeps me laughing and sometimes shocked. What did all the poor gators do ā€œFlorida Manā€ to be treated in such a bad manner.

As someone from my neck of the woods (Literally. Grew up in Starke, lived in Middleburg and OP before heading off for the Army) you know damn well what they did!
Varangian​(dom male)
Random Male wrote:
Varangian wrote:
Random Male wrote:

As someone from my neck of the woods (Literally. Grew up in Starke, lived in Middleburg and OP before heading off for the Army) you know damn well what they did!

Maybe a gator ate your chihuahua thatā€™s on you gators got to eat. I fail to see the logic of throwing a 4 foot gator on the roof of a bar because a hurricane is coming.
MsAshleyColeman
MsAshleyColeman • Dec 4, 2023
That because I am a plastic Barbie figure that I must be easy, someTHING to aquire