Online now
Online now

Concern

farashacaveluv
2 months ago • Feb 23, 2024

Re: Concern

farashacaveluv • Feb 23, 2024
He was the one to reach out to me in the group. Obviously, we don't have the same values when it comes to connections with people. I figured a chill connection would not have to be severed. I'm friends/acquaintances with like 99% of the people I have connected with romantically recently and in the past. So, it hit me harder because that is not the norm for me. Plus, the whole 24/7 thing is very all consuming. Not sure why he thought being poly outside of that would be doable with me or anyone. I don't even think she works, she was like bringing him coffee and lunch at work. I'm fine with having a dom, which I have a play partner for. I was thinking of doing some play with him as well, since I am not tied to anyone seriously, I have a gf and my play partner mainly, but in an open relationship otherwise. I suppose being such a free spirit might not be his thing to be with either. I am not going to commit to staying anywhere for anyone. Never again after my former marriage, but I will visit and bring joy to folks. Mainly posting to process. It just sucks that this person didn't at least have the bandwidth to be friends we did get a long for the most part.

Heero wrote:
farashacaveluv wrote:
So, I was speaking with an individual out of state and things were going well, then out of the blue he tells me that he is not feeling the spark/vibe. This is fine. The issue is that he cut off all ties. He has a 24/7 dynamic with his nesting partner in a V with her husband. I told him that I was concerned that that nesting partner was all consuming and bringing in another relationship might be hard. He assured me that he could handle it and then turned right around and cut me out after a flimsy excuse. I do not agree in cutting ties with someone who is a positive influence and who could be a friend. I find it pretty cowardly that he didn't have the balls to at least be my friend/acquaintance after the connection on a romantic level was very short lived. Am I wrong and in saying that he handled it horribly and it made me feel very de-valued and used?
First of all, I do sympathize with you. Getting rejected really sucks. It's virtually impossible not to feel slighted somehow. It is not my intent to further hurt your feelings, but based on what you wrote, I would say that you are the one handling the situation poorly. And that says a lot, because when hearing one side of a story where someone is complaining, it is usually much easier to side with the person that is telling you their side of the story. Here are some important things to consider, not necessarily in order of importance, but hopefully will be helpful to you when you're ready to hear them.

1. As adults, we are not entitled to others' feelings and time. No one should force you to be their friend or lover and you shouldn't try to force that on anyone either. Your time and attention in a relationship needs to be freely given. In my opinion, a relationship is not worth it if someone wants to leave it and the other person is continuously compelling them to stay.

2. I think I saw the term ghosted somewhere and that he blocked you for "nothing", I think neither of these are the case. Ghosting means to disappear without an explanation. And a reason was given that is not "nothing". People get blocked on here for nothing all the time, and I've even spoken out against that in some cases. That is not what happened here though.

3. Not feeling a spark/vibe IS a good reason not to pursue a romantic relationship or friendship. Also, given your position, there is virtually no excuse he could have given that would be "valid" to you.

4. As @SnowMinx said, it was his choice to make and there is really no point in speculating what the real reason(s) were. You're only doing a disservice to yourself here.

5. You spoke about feeling undervalued, and I get it...but consider that by clinging to these thoughts you're having is under-valuing yourself. When something is valuable, and someone refuses it, the attitude tends to be "ok, buddy, your loss! Someone else will come along and maybe even pay more for this than you were considering in the first place!" Being hung up on their refusal communicates the opposite of value. Now, I do believe you have value, but you're not acting consistent with that is the point.

6. Time is one of the most precious things that we have. And everyone has finite time and resources. One cannot expect someone to just collect relationships non-stop. Having a friendship could mean not having time for another kind of friendship or romantic connection that is actually desired. There is nothing wrong with a person's decision to not want a certain kind of relationship in their life.

7. It should also be said, that the nature of your connection did not obligate him in any way to stick around. If you had kids together or something like that, and he bailed, that's a whole other discussion.

8. I understand that you do not agree with cutting ties with someone who is a positive influence to you, and I would agree! I wouldn't want to do that either! BUT...a relationship is not JUST about you...one side of a relationship feeling they have enough positive benefit to make the relationship worth keeping is not enough. This needs to happen on all sides.
Bunnie
2 months ago • Feb 23, 2024
Bunnie • Feb 23, 2024
There is also another thing I wanted to touch on that hasn’t yet been discussed. You said here:

“He has a 24/7 dynamic with his nesting partner in a V with her husband. I told him that I was concerned that that nesting partner was all consuming and bringing in another relationship might be hard.”

This part concerned me a little, and I’m wondering if perhaps this may have been a factor.
Not saying this was the case here, however, sometimes what can occur when a new person is coming into the mix of an already established dynamic is that there is a secret hope that they could potentially become “the favourite” or even worse, a hope that he may leave his partner for them. This may have been something they’ve experienced in the past, so it could possibly create a bit of a knee jerk reaction. The connection between his already established partner and himself (as harsh as this sounds) kind of isn’t really your business. The reshuffling and reestablishment of how things will work involves you of course, and your concerns about how much time and quality connection you have together is most definitely something to discuss… but perhaps not in that way. Showing signs (especially early on) of vying for or “fighting” for attention in a poly situation does kind of raise some thoughts of whether that “competitiveness” may be an ongoing issue down the track.
farashacaveluv
2 months ago • Feb 24, 2024
farashacaveluv • Feb 24, 2024
I definitely wasn't trying to fight for his attention. I just required some daily check in's and a once a week video chat. I have a girlfriend and a separate play partner that I am connected to in real life. I was just stating that he really has his hands full an did he have the time and for a few weeks he reassured me. If the 24/7 dynamic is too much of a burden, then yeah..trying to add more to the mix is not feasible. I don't know her, but she may be possesive even if she has two partners that live with her.

Bunnie wrote:
There is also another thing I wanted to touch on that hasn’t yet been discussed. You said here:

“He has a 24/7 dynamic with his nesting partner in a V with her husband. I told him that I was concerned that that nesting partner was all consuming and bringing in another relationship might be hard.”

This part concerned me a little, and I’m wondering if perhaps this may have been a factor.
Not saying this was the case here, however, sometimes what can occur when a new person is coming into the mix of an already established dynamic is that there is a secret hope that they could potentially become “the favourite” or even worse, a hope that he may leave his partner for them. This may have been something they’ve experienced in the past, so it could possibly create a bit of a knee jerk reaction. The connection between his already established partner and himself (as harsh as this sounds) kind of isn’t really your business. The reshuffling and reestablishment of how things will work involves you of course, and your concerns about how much time and quality connection you have together is most definitely something to discuss… but perhaps not in that way. Showing signs (especially early on) of vying for or “fighting” for attention in a poly situation does kind of raise some thoughts of whether that “competitiveness” may be an ongoing issue down the track.
Bunnie
2 months ago • Feb 25, 2024
Bunnie • Feb 25, 2024
Fair call. That definitely adds more perspective.
Spanks hard​(dom male){Looking }
2 months ago • Feb 25, 2024
When I have a slave or submissive girl I do not want/need any other girls because I prefer to focus on the one I have in order to develop and devote my time with her for a Maste/slave dynamic built on trust and communication so that she can serve me without any doubt I will not expect her to serve me in fear but with knowing that she is the only one I need/wants and can sense what I am thinking about.
farashacaveluv
2 months ago • Feb 27, 2024
farashacaveluv • Feb 27, 2024
I appreciate the feedback. That's cool for you. I am definitely a poly person, I was just disappointed in not continuing a promising connection and thought the circumstances were kinda crummy.

quote="Spanks hard"]When I have a slave or submissive girl I do not want/need any other girls because I prefer to focus on the one I have in order to develop and devote my time with her for a Maste/slave dynamic built on trust and communication so that she can serve me without any doubt I will not expect her to serve me in fear but with knowing that she is the only one I need/wants and can sense what I am thinking about.[/quote]
House Talion​(dom male)
1 month ago • Mar 4, 2024
House Talion​(dom male) • Mar 4, 2024
Depends on how long yall were chatting for, how well connected it was on both sides, if having a freind was an option.

He mightve been wrong with how it ended.

He mightve knly wanted someone he vibed with which would end it if he didn't feel it which would be part of a good connection.

He mightve not had consent from his other partner n they found out.

He mightve beennusing you to get his kicks.

He mightve been chatting with other ppl n got what he wanted from them instead of you.

You mightve been too pushy for him by what you said or how you said it.

When the connection is lost n they cut all ties there's not much that can be said about it since there's so many ppl that just ghost ya for whatever reason.
sweetcheekz
1 month ago • Mar 5, 2024
sweetcheekz • Mar 5, 2024
Maybe his feelings for you were stronger than he planned, so he was unable to stay friends without it becoming something deeper than that. I'm not sure. I understand the pain of wanting to remain friends when the other party/person doesn't.