Online now
Online now

Do you block or have you been blocked?

lambsone
1 month ago • Mar 11, 2024
lambsone • Mar 11, 2024
I've been blocked by one person that I know of. I'm guessing that it's because they had a bad life-time experience with Born Again Christian people. I hardly ever spoke to the person. I think one brief comment in a forum post and poof I'm blocked. They must have wanted to protect themselves emotionally.

Yes I've blocked people but only a few. Just the other day a married Dom emailed me with extremely crude sexual thoughts. I'd never heard of him before and he just started in right away as if we had an established relationship. I told him to go do that to his wife and then blocked him.
Steellover​(sub male)
1 month ago • Mar 12, 2024
Steellover​(sub male) • Mar 12, 2024
Ive never had a reason to block anyone on this website, but then again, I don't get a lot of messages. If you message me I will usually write back; I can think of maybe one or two instances where I did not reply because I didn't know what to say. (And I apologize to those people for not responding.)

I have blocked people on other sites however, and it is almost always blatant trolls who would message me with an angry hate-filled rant.
Miki
Miki • Mar 12, 2024
I have no way of knowing who or how many blocked me as I seldom engage any one individual through messaging for very long. I know of one, for no apparent good reason as I did not interact with the person either on the forums or messaging.. However, It's a "No skin off my ass" thing.

I only blocked a few, quite some time ago. One via misunderstanding which I removed the block and the other because he totally would not take "No, thanks" for an answer, apparently even had a snoot-ful at one point and waxed verbally abusive. The rest were just being horse's asses, one jock-strap even going so far as to say I do not belong on the site because I'm not looking.

Duhh: No such requirement. This is not a meat-market only type of site.

Anyway the first jerk (the juicer) has long since left the site.

------------------------------------------------------

It is not something I take lightly or do swiftly. Someone really has to frost my ass by either refusing to take "Not looking" for an answer or launches a personal attack. No reason for that shit. (personal attacks from ass-wipes I never met outside of here and who don't know me from a hole in the wall.)

Whoever blocks me--- no big deal. "I probably didn't like you anyway".

---------------------------------------------------

It is worth noting, if not already done, blocking only prevents messages or Bond IMs. You'll still see blocked clowns on the Forums and they can, if they so desire, write little digs and other borderline innocuous crap that does not qualify for reporting.

Speaking of "reporting", I never have "reported" anyone, regardless of how obtuse or rude they may be.

That would only come into play in the event of a threat, veiled or otherwise which, since I joined at the end of November 2017 -- has never happened.
MissBonnie​(dom female){oz}
I have never blocked anyone. No ones annoyed me enough LOL

(that is not a challenge...or is it! )

have people blocked me? ..Meh, care factor ZERO. They obviously didn't like me and that's fair enough too.
TwinkleEyes

Re: Do you block or have you been blocked?

TwinkleEyes • Mar 12, 2024
AlphaByDesign wrote:
Do any of you ever block someone? And if so, why?
Also, have you ever been blocked? And why do you think you’ve been blocked? I have never blocked anyone but I’ve been blocked by lots of people. One person even wrote a blog about me months ago after blocking me.I consider being blocked a gift. It means they aren’t wasting my time and I respect that.

I was blocked the other day after telling someone that I wasn’t looking for a dynamic with them. He told me to block him and then he blocked me. It’s funny. He had a brat fit.

My block list is getting bigger. I don’t need someone coming into my messages with sexual stuff without permission. Or kinky stuff. If I tell someone No over and over and they continue. They need to be blocked.

I take it as a compliment that some people block me. It means I have some type of morals, wrong or right. Instead of the lack of morals and them sliding around to suit the narrative.
Miki

Re: Do you block or have you been blocked?

Miki • Mar 12, 2024
TwinkleEyes wrote:
AlphaByDesign wrote:
Do any of you ever block someone? And if so, why?
Also, have you ever been blocked? And why do you think you’ve been blocked? I have never blocked anyone but I’ve been blocked by lots of people. One person even wrote a blog about me months ago after blocking me.I consider being blocked a gift. It means they aren’t wasting my time and I respect that.

I was blocked the other day after telling someone that I wasn’t looking for a dynamic with them. He told me to block him and then he blocked me. It’s funny. He had a brat fit.

My block list is getting bigger. I don’t need someone coming into my messages with sexual stuff without permission. Or kinky stuff. If I tell someone No over and over and they continue. They need to be blocked.

I take it as a compliment that some people block me. It means I have some type of morals, wrong or right. Instead of the lack of morals and them sliding around to suit the narrative.

Some ppl are so silly. Blocking someone just because they're not interested and/or just not looking. Temper Temper.

Almost all the time I'll carry on a to-and-fro in the message box with someone even after they figure out that I won't change my mind and they usually fade away after that, which is fine. If any blocked me, I'll never know or care. As I almost never "reach out" first,, only replying, I couldn't know I was blocked or not.

For me, nothing says "Happy Day" like an empty or sparsely populated Inbox. All the more quickly I can pop in, check the forums for anything I can usefully contribute to, and then lg back out. Not anti-social, just one of relatively few words and short "visits".
dollMaker​(dom male)
dollMaker​(dom male) • Mar 12, 2024
Currently 129 blocked.

I find blogs, forum threads, the chat room, and to a lesser extent profiles (people mostly aren’t stupid enough to out themselves on these, but a few have) great ways to filter people out I want never to interact with, so I block them.

Those who reveal themselves to be haters/intolerant of lgbtq people, particularly those who feel that way about trans women and men, they get blocked and a note to that effect placed on their profile with links to what they said - that goes with every block I make.

I block those who reveal themselves to be racists, nice ones or nasty ones, whether revealed on blogs or threads, more often in the chat room.

I block those who hate Jewish people, or Islamic people, mostly been revealed in the chat room.

I block trumpers, obvious republicans, and those who appear to be christian nationalists.

I block those who have history of victim blaming and shaming, those who have history of consent violations or supporting or speaking for those who are known to be so.

I block people jumping into my inbox who can’t take no for an answer, or when I had a blog up, being rude or nasty, displaying views I find disgusting on it.

I also block people who have allowed themselves to be used, to provide people I blocked, to get the last word. If a conversation is done, contact no longer wanted and they push to continue it and I don’t wish to, I block.

I have blocked people who out themselves in general on the site as being unpleasant nasty toxic people.

Yes I have been blocked by people who don’t like being called out on their crap, their right to do so, on their blogs or forum threads, also by people who I guess don’t like the cut of my jib, something I do with people on here, so fair enough. I suspect right wingers have also blocked me cause they don’t like my left leaning stance, fair enough, as I block right wingers, and a few others have blocked for reasons I can’t guess at.

Its their right to block, as it is mine so it is what it is.

Regarding a site wide block resulting in those blocked vanishingly completely (yes please) it has been promised by site admin, though not recently, and I now suspect it will never occur.

For me blocking is a site experience curating tool, it has allowed me to have a more pleasant time here, though occasionally it still gets too toxic, unpleasant so I deactivate for awhile.
Literate Lycan​(dom male)
Literate Lycan​(dom male) • Mar 12, 2024
My block list is positively Zero. I just checked. I have on two occasions found that I blocked individuals. Once completely by mistake. Didn’t even know what block was until I found out and then offered my apologies. The other based upon the situation and then I removed the block.

I do know I have been blocked by at least a few and still am. It initially (and probably still does) irritates me when I feel there is no reason why (typically from someone who I have had zero interactions with and suddenly I find I’m blocked). The first was another Dominant, whom I have since discovered is quite literally a twatwaffle, so that explains that. I am apparently on a long list of distinguished gentlemen that he apparently finds to be threatening to his preeminence as a Domly Dom. Who knew? But occasionally I have found at least a few others have used the block button on me and probably for excellent reasons. I cannot blame them necessarily, although I prefer either to simply not have contact or to have civilized discussions rather than to block.

I do know I am occasionally in the mood to read profiles and will typically like a profile if the individual has something interesting to say (although rarely I’ll like their profile because of a picture or meme they have). Following the act of liking at least one profile, I found myself blocked, which I can only assume was the individual’s concern that I might try to contact them. They needn’t worry: for me liking a profile is not the same as showing interest. That is absolutely their right though. Some individuals do use the block as a manner of weeding out candidates on their quest for a partner. In the end, I try not to let it get to me. I am human, and it does cause a pang of anguish; however, in the end it is hardly an inconvenience.
aPeepingMom​(sub female)
aPeepingMom​(sub female) • Mar 12, 2024
Yes, I have blocked people for several different reasons, but only as a last resort. The primary reason is when the person won't take "no" for an answer and will continue to message me after I've stated very clearly that I have no desire to engage with them. I don't know if they continue engaging because they think I'll just change my mind once I see how persistent they are (ummm, I won't) or if they get off on seeing me get more and more aggressive in my response. Thankfully I've only blocked a handful of people here, and they shouldn't have be surprised when it happened.

However, and I know this is probably what bothers people and creates angst, I have preemptively blocked a handful of people for my own reasons and not because they were aggressive or inappropriate. It was because I needed to remove their activity from my world... seeing their blogs, comments, or whatever just triggered me in some way and I needed it to be gone. Usually I can solve that by hiding their blog post though.

At the end of the day, the block is my safety net. I appreciate that not everyone feels the way I do, but I do what I have to do for MY physical and mental safety. And while I may have a moment of pause if I've discovered I've been blocked, I don't dwell on it too long. They did what they had to do for their own reasons. I may not agree with their reason, but it is THEIR reason.

It makes life more enjoyable for me if I remind myself of that.
    The most loved post in topic