Online now
Online now

Automatic Unblock?

ButterfliesAndCuffs​(sub female)
1 month ago • Mar 16, 2024

Automatic Unblock?

I’ve had at least one profile that I know I had blocked suddenly become unblocked. I’m pretty sure there was a second but I’m not as positive that I blocked this person. I’m wondering if this might be a glitch that happens if someone deactivates and then reactivates their profile? Anyone else had this happen?
Miki
Miki • Mar 16, 2024
Not that I know of, but that's disturbing if digital scum can bypass a block simply by deactivating and reactivating.

However, due to various and sundry personal events every now and again I have deactivated for a time so as to not receive messages from people that go unseen and they think I am ignoring their asses... However the 7 I blocked a long time ago remained blocked so I think you ran into a glitch.

If, for some reason a low-life you blocked gets unblocked and starts bothering you with unwanted and likely unpleasant messages, there's always "Report". It's one of the extremely rare instances where I'd resort to that option.
Miki
Miki • Mar 16, 2024
Interesting. My profile preferences show 7, all from quite a while ago and might no longer be on the site or active.

I don't know or remember any other blocks that might have magically unblocked themselves, but at any rate, none of the ones I electronically dispensed with and got unblocked, have ever attempted contact. Could be they don't know they were magically un-blocked so for me it's not a big thing.

Now that "it's out there" that some blocks go away unbidden and any of the banished ones take advantage of the glitch and pester me, I'll just re-block.

------------------------------------------------------------

Reporting wouldn't do. I loathe that idea and besides, I doubt such revenants are the ones who lifted the block.
Villanelle​(staff)
Villanelle​(staff) • Mar 16, 2024
It's not possible for a blocked individual to override a block and the admin team will never override a block on anyone's behalf. Once you've blocked someone they should stay blocked unless you remove it.

I'll have our tech people look and see if there's an issue.
    The most loved post in topic
Villanelle​(staff)
Villanelle​(staff) • Mar 16, 2024
Following up on this - we have checked for any issues and we cannot see any problems. This feature is used frequently and if there was a technical issue we would likely receive many reports.

If a user has deactivated their account or has been banned, blocks remain in place if that user is reinstated.

Only active users will appear on your block list (Preferences/Privacy). If a blocked user is reactivated they will again appear on this list.

I hope this is helpful.
dollMaker​(dom male)
dollMaker​(dom male) • Mar 16, 2024
I have a few people, I have been told were banned by site admin, still appearing on my blocked list, as I blocked them before the site, allegedly banned them.

I deactivate and reactivate fairly often, and no one I have blocked, or those I know who have blocked me, on coming back has that changed.
Cage Monkey​(staff)
Cage Monkey​(staff) • Mar 16, 2024
I double checked with code, seems I mislead Villanelle. We do show also the names of profiles who no longer exist on the site (or are temporarily disabled) in the block list.

Anyway as was said above, the list has no expiration and users are never removed from it automatically.