Online now
Online now

Blank Profiles

TwinkleEyes
1 month ago • Mar 21, 2024
TwinkleEyes • Mar 21, 2024
QuietIsNotShy wrote:
zipties wrote:
As one of the almost all naked profiles... I am curious why an empty profile brings about negative assumptions about someone you have not interacted with? Is it not the actual interaction that we should base are assumptions on?

As Lycan said above, a lot of people come here to find something, usually someone. While I don't feel positively or negatively about blank profiles myself, I can understand how many people who are serious about finding someone would find blank profiles to be a waste of time. It's a big risk reaching out to anyone, but if you reach out and get no response, the emotional kick can be a little harsh. We tend to blame ourselves in those situations, it's human nature. A blank profile probably signifies that the chances of a response are even lower than usual, so best just to move on. At least, that's my impression based on a few conversations I've had.

Personally, I try not to let unanswered DMs get to me, and I don't judge based on empty profiles, or thin profiles. I've had some really interesting and pleasant conversations with a few people now whose profiles are quite barebones. Sometimes thin profiles are that way for good reasons. I form an opinion based on talking, or lack thereof, but not a blank profile in and of itself. However, I can see the other side of the coin and I sympathize with those who find empty profiles annoying or uninteresting.

I am confused about the comment about unanswered DM’s? I may have missed something in the thread.

I also agree with TopekaDom. After years on and off this site I’ve found the ones with very little on their profile are sloth. I’ve met a few people from here over the years, messaged with countless, and talked on the phone with a fair amount of people from here. Those with little on their profile put little effort in over time. A good conversation here and there with someone is little effort to me. I prefer building friendships with people who value my time as much as they value theirs. Actions speak louder than words to me.
QuietIsNotShy​(dom male)
QuietIsNotShy​(dom male) • Mar 21, 2024
brava Bella wrote:

I am confused about the comment about unanswered DM’s? I may have missed something in the thread.

Sorry for the confusion. I was referring to taking a chance and messaging someone with a blank or thin profile, but never getting a response. A lot of people don't even want to reach out to begin with because, to them, a blank profile means someone who isn't serious about finding a partner.
TwinkleEyes
QuietIsNotShy wrote:
brava Bella wrote:

Sorry for the confusion. I was referring to taking a chance and messaging someone with a blank or thin profile, but never getting a response. A lot of people don't even want to reach out to begin with because, to them, a blank profile means someone who isn't serious about finding a partner.

Oh, I’m not worried about responses. I have 100s of messages I haven’t even opened. Being selective about whom one speaks with and spends their free time with is self love and respect.

I won’t be sending messages to blank profiles. It shows their laziness and lack of care for this lifestyle. To me that can be dangerous for several reasons.

Happy Journey
QuietIsNotShy​(dom male)
QuietIsNotShy​(dom male) • Mar 21, 2024
brava Bella wrote:
Oh, I’m not worried about responses. I have 100s of messages I haven’t even opened. Being selective about whom one speaks with and spends their free time with is self love and respect.

Wow, that's a lot of messages. I know that can be pretty overwhelming and annoying for some people, but I wouldn't mind a little more attention sometimes, lol.

brava Bella wrote:
I won’t be sending messages to blank profiles. It shows their laziness and lack of care for this lifestyle. To me that can be dangerous for several reasons.

Perfectly understandable, and I'd never try to tell anyone they're wrong for having preferences. I don't personally see blanks that way, but then I'm still new to this site, and I respect that you do. You want to engage with people who take this lifestyle seriously, if I'm reading you right, and that's certainly something I empathize with.
TwinkleEyes
QuietIsNotShy wrote:
brava Bella wrote:

Wow, that's a lot of messages. I know that can be pretty overwhelming and annoying for some people, but I wouldn't mind a little more attention sometimes, lol.

brava Bella wrote:

Perfectly understandable, and I'd never try to tell anyone they're wrong for having preferences. I don't personally see blanks that way, but then I'm still new to this site, and I respect that you do. You want to engage with people who take this lifestyle seriously, if I'm reading you right, and that's certainly something I empathize with.

Even if it’s just sex and kink it needs to be taken seriously. I’m a healthcare professional. Super STI are around, which can be untreatable. Causing someone to be infertile. Some types of cervical cancer kill. Cis born male carry and cis born females are the incubator. Then we all have trauma inside us. Dynamics stir that up, possibly causing more emotional and mental damage. There is sexual abuse to think of. As well as other things.

What about if someone puts sadist only on their profile? Many abusers claim to be sadistic. I’ve found men who have mommy issues to be abusive to females and then claim to be sadists. Bottom line is this lifestyle needs to be based on safety.
thedomyouneeded
1 week ago • Apr 18, 2024
thedomyouneeded • Apr 18, 2024
I am fairly new here, so I am not sure how tech suggestions are handled.... but work in SEO, UI/UX, and other aspects of web design. One solution that we came up with to start limiting blank profiles is this:
1) create a "Just Observing" profile option. It gives the user x number of days to look around without having to create a formal account. It is easy to have them not show up in the active users dashboard (eliminating the paid user frustration)
2) for paid users, you establish a "use it or lose it" rule/process that is enforced (and needs to be enforced) that gives the platform the right to lock a users profile, or remove it from the active database if a certain percentage of the profile is not completed within a reasonable amount of time.

Stats and human behavior patterns have proven that the majority of people will be more likely to NOT fill out the profile if there is no consequence tied to it. You could even set up a process where each time they log in it asks them a question that pulls more info about them into their account.

Lots of options
Literate Lycan​(dom male)
Literate Lycan​(dom male) • Apr 18, 2024
thedomyouneeded wrote:
Lots of options

That’s the beauty of this site: Lots of options. You don’t have to fill in anything on your profile or you can write a short thesis on your existence. You can literally just come in as a fly on the wall and observe or be a pillar of the community, and everything in between.

If someone doesn’t develop their profile page, then perhaps they are indicating they don’t really want to be an active member - maybe they are just into reading and looking at memes and pictures. Or maybe they are new and learning and don’t know what to write just yet. I wouldn’t recommend forcing anyone to fill out their profiles, especially when we pride ourselves on being open and accepting. It literally doesn’t hurt anyone if a profile isn’t filled in.

Have a stellar day.
LL
I'mME
I'mME • Apr 18, 2024
thedomyouneeded wrote:
I am fairly new here, so I am not sure how tech suggestions are handled.... but work in SEO, UI/UX, and other aspects of web design. One solution that we came up with to start limiting blank profiles is this:
1) create a "Just Observing" profile option. It gives the user x number of days to look around without having to create a formal account. It is easy to have them not show up in the active users dashboard (eliminating the paid user frustration)
2) for paid users, you establish a "use it or lose it" rule/process that is enforced (and needs to be enforced) that gives the platform the right to lock a users profile, or remove it from the active database if a certain percentage of the profile is not completed within a reasonable amount of time.

Stats and human behavior patterns have proven that the majority of people will be more likely to NOT fill out the profile if there is no consequence tied to it. You could even set up a process where each time they log in it asks them a question that pulls more info about them into their account.

Lots of options

Uhhh, people should not be forced into anything to do anything. If a person's profile bothers someone, well here are some choices.

Scroll on.

Engage with them, try to get to know that person.

Or scroll on.

Just bc someone does not like something, like someone, lack of , too much, this , that, so forth , the answer is always increase the pressure of a foot on the neck. Censorship , you take away the rights of someone, then you're next and I'm always amazed when people suggest taking someone⁸ else's freedoms in the name of someone else.
Ingénue{VK}
Ingénue{VK} • Apr 18, 2024
My current kink interest's profile page is very detailed indeed. But if I were not in my current dynamic I wouldn't be in the least bit interested in the profile, despite the reams of information he insisted on putting on it. Verbose, much.